Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First charge - car says full and stops charging at 279 miles range

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
90% is a common charge level for daily driving. This is what I use and is what the car was set to by default. Above 90% there is slight stress on the batteries so Tesla and I do not recommend charging to 100% as default. You also lose regen capability a little above 90%.

What are Model 3 owners who are new to Tesla doing in the months they’re waiting for the car? Clearly not reading the owners manual, or forums, or anything else to learn about it.
Some people actually have a life and don't jump on newbies when they ask questions. As an expert, one would think that you would actually provide the reference page in the manual to folk's questions.

What are Model 3 owners who are new to Tesla doing in the months they’re waiting for the car? Clearly not reading the owners manual, or forums, or anything else to learn about it.

WHAT??? You mean we are actually suppose to read all those words??? I thought that was just there to keep the lawyers happy, and everyone knows that we have to keep the lawyers happy. Surely the Tesla Delivery folks tell is everything we need to know. Reading all those words is hard work, and I would much rather watch TV. Oh, I know, Someone make a TV show that shows us everything we need to know. Maybe even have it filmed in a Zoo or something so we can watch all the animals roaming around while the actors show us what we need to know.

After waiting more than a year, as of Sat Sep 29th I will be the owner of a dark silver dual motor M3! For the past year + I have been reading the owners manual, the forums, and everything else Tesla that I could get my hands on! I can't get enough. I've already got my on-the-road charging kit ready, (at last count) 6 different adapters to charge besides the basic 120V, 14-50 and J-1772.