Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Cybertruck Accident?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Indeed - we could speculate all day.

Still no airbag deployment on the passenger's side.

This is like a CSI mystery. I love it.

Duh-Duh. <----- insert CSI theme sound.

Why is the passenger's side rear tire of the CT caked with mud while the front tire is clear and clean?

Duh-Duh. <----- insert CSI theme sound.

LOL
Same reasons. Toyota was going across the road, hit the front side of the passing Cybertruck, then kept pushing at they passesd until it shoved the back end of the truck off the road into the dirt shoulder (getting tire dirty). Cybertruck's momentum carried it skidding across the road where it stopped in a rotated position.

At no point was there a high acceleration of the cabin toward the passenger to trigger passenger airbag deployment.

It looks like the Truck suffered some rear suspension damage. That left rear tire is tilted in at the top and turned in. The other wheels appear to be straight including the right rear wheel. It appears that when the car hit the Truck it side swiped down along the side of the truck. Luckly not a true head on or T Bone collision. or injuries could have been a lot worse.

It looks like the Truck suffered some rear suspension damage. That left rear tire is tilted in at the top and turned in. The other wheels appear to be straight including the right rear wheel. It appears that when the car hit the Truck it side swiped down along the side of the truck. Luckly not a true head on or T Bone collision. or injuries could have been a lot worse.

ahhhh...yes. Great observation. Let's add that to the clues.

How about the dirt marks on the road showing the direction of travel of the CT before it came to rest. Dirt marks possibly indicating that the rear passengers side tire only traversed off the road when the two vehicles collided. - which is why only the rear passengers tire ONLY is covered in mud?

Duh-Duh. lol

Wait a min - should we call Monk?

• Funny
Reactions: zoomer0056
I love this article.

I bet you one of the cars was on autopilot - Since the police report says that the CT was checked for autopilot being engaged.

1703870565407.png

Last edited:
It looks like CA35 is a narrow two ways traffic (50mph?), it wouldn't surprise me if the southbound toyota hit the hill then tried to correct in panic and hit the CT on the side causing it to slid and spin around at the rest position.

Thats exactly what the police report said. Do you work in CSI?

Toyota went off the side of the road first then swerved back. It could have head on-ed into the corner and side of the Cybertruck...
Another report said the car hit something head on off the road, it collided with the side of the truck...it's difficult to say what is true, but the CT held up reasonably well. I'd be interested to see what insurance would say in a wreck like that...many Teslas are totaled with any airbag deployment, but the CT seems to need some new panels and trim and it would be fine.

Another report said the car hit something head on off the road, it collided with the side of the truck...it's difficult to say what is true, but the CT held up reasonably well. I'd be interested to see what insurance would say in a wreck like that...many Teslas are totaled with any airbag deployment, but the CT seems to need some new panels and trim and it would be fine.

CHP report
On December 28, 2023 at approximately 2:05 pm, CHP Redwood City units were dispatched to a two-vehicle crash on SR-35 (Skyline Boulevard), south of Page Mill Road. Our preliminary investigation indicates a Toyota Corolla was traveling south on SR-35 southbound, south of Page Mill Road, at an unknown speed, when the driver, for unknown reasons, turned to the right and subsequently struck a dirt embankment on the right shoulder. The Toyota then re-entered the roadway, crossed over the double yellow lines into the northbound lane, and crashed into a Tesla Cybertruck traveling north on SR-35 northbound.
I'm guess the Toyota climbed the slope that Cybertruck ended up nosed into.

Does that really matter? Tesla's insurance shouldn't be involved.

It is the insurance for the Toyota owner that should be covering the repairs/replacement of the Cybertruck, so they would have to be deciding on the value/costs.
Yeah, came back here update after I remembered not all states are no-fault like we are in Michigan.
Was thrown off by the insurance valuation comment.

I wonder if the Corolla driver (17 year old) was distracted by looking at the Cybertruck? !!!!!

See extract from the police report:

"...the driver, for unknown reasons, turned to the right and subsequently struck a dirt embankment on the right shoulder.

Looking at the video above (see #52 thread), it seems that the Cybertruck got pushed inside the right shoulder,
as a tire mark is visible on the dirt floor, and then the Cybertruck rotaded toward the left in what seems to be
the result of what is called a "PIT (Precision Immobilization Technique) manoeuver" used by the police to stop a car.

I wonder if the Corolla driver (17 year old) was distracted by looking at the Cybertruck? !!!!!

See extract from the police report:

"...the driver, for unknown reasons, turned to the right and subsequently struck a dirt embankment on the right shoulder.

Looking at the video above (see #52 thread), it seems that the Cybertruck got pushed inside the right shoulder,
as a tire mark is visible on the dirt floor, and then the Cybertruck rotaded toward the left in what seems to be
the result of what is called a "PIT (Precision Immobilization Technique) manoeuver" used by the police to stop a car.

Hey Hey - Thats REAL CSI stuff. I love it!!

Keep it commin. LOL