Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Cybertruck Accident?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am wondering if it will be written off.
I don't know about written off, but 3-6 months in a commercial body shop awaiting Tesla parts would not be unexpected. The entire driver-side and driver-front corner will need body work.

On the other hand, being a factory prototype, it may never see the inside of a body shop. It will either get shipped back to the factory and cannibalized for parts, or disassembled for post-crash damage assessment.

a

it was the other driver's fault

Sure, it was the other drivers fault. You are exactly right. Sometimes it's not worth it to discuss the truth.

There is some kind of science to this new type of FUD you are responding to. I've been trying to define it. It's something like - If I say it, then people will just have to believe it.
Initially I thought it was called The illusory truth effect. However, its more than that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yelobird
I don't know about written off, but 3-6 months in a commercial body shop awaiting Tesla parts would not be unexpected. The entire driver-side and driver-front corner will need body work.

On the other hand, being a factory prototype, it may never see the inside of a body shop. It will either get shipped back to the factory and cannibalized for parts, or disassembled for post-crash damage assessment.

a
This. I do wonder what the repair costs would be though. Usually, when side curtain bags deploy, it’s a total loss.

This. I do wonder what the repair costs would be though. Usually, when side curtain bags deploy, it’s a total loss.
I am more interested in the process of how, which Tesla collision center can actually repair it, and what it looks like after the repair. The other insurance company has to pay not only the cost of the repairs, but likely a very long rental car days if the owner/Tesla or whoever decide to repair it.

Last edited:
Reactions: LowlyOilBurner
I am more interested in the process of how, which Tesla collision center can actually repair it, and what it looks like after the repair. The other insurance company has to pay not only the cost of the repairs, but likely a very long rental car days if the owner/Tesla or whoever decide to repair it.
As it’s a factory owned test mule we will likely never know in this example.

Reactions: afadeev