Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Delivery Date for a 70D

First Month for a 70D Delivery

• April

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • May

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • June

Votes: 14 21.2%
  • July

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • August

Votes: 8 12.1%
  • September

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • October

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • November

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • December

Votes: 7 10.6%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Doesn't Sept/Oct seems unrealistically late, given the ramp up now. My serial number was 16,xxx and I assume many must have cancelled since 2012, bringing my actual # in line to perhaps 12k..10 months to produce 13k cars when current ramp is speculated to be in solid shape and improving going forward doesnt sound right.

I ordered a 70D on January 28 and it confirmed early Feb. It's fully loaded with everything other than the air suspension and the fancy wood trim. I absolutely can't wait. No idea when deliveries will start, but I know it is based partly on 2 things: 1) Number of options (most specifically # of seats & whether or not the premium package is included) and 2) proximity to The Fremont CA factory. I know this from forums and what Tesla has told me. Baffling to me, the ModelXTracker says that only around 8% of reservations are for the 70D. Most people on forums talk about the 90D, but I don't understand why ~30 more miles of charge and air suspension is worth $15,500 more Does that 8% seem low to people? Thoughts on if this is correct or not?

I too am going to order a 70D. I agree $15,500 for options I don't want and 30 more miles is a bit steep. I am waiting to order until they can give more specific dates about 70D delivery, especially since it can't be delayed. I migrate south for 6 months starting in Oct. It would be very difficult to fly home to a cold, rainy climate to take delivery in Nov or Dec. and since I have no option to delay I have no option but to fly home. The wide range of delivery dates may force me to wait and take delivery May 2017. I'll be home for the summer and have some flexibility and Tesla will hopefully be building and shipping cars in 6 week from order time periods.

OK I hold the same opinion as you guys about not willing to pay 15.5k more for 30 miles of range, even though it may impact resale value. I don't have a need for long road trips to mandate that range either. I am putting that saved money towards a model 3. I also have an inkling that these 70D orders may be upgraded to 80/85 kWh as Tesla moves battery capacity up a notch across the board. I also recall Elon being a little less specific when asked about lower cost Model X back in the day. He said "yes Tesla will offer a lower cost version with something like..mmm.. perhaps a 70kWh version". That made me think there is a possibility of a higher low-end battery capacity, more so since S70D has been shipping for a while and therefore his hesitation was a bit interesting.
Now then they announced today that X ramped up to 750/week, and 2400 X's have been delivered. So assuming the worst case of absolutely no cancellations my 169XX 70D should be done by August! Thoughts?

I ordered a 70D on January 28 and it confirmed early Feb. It's fully loaded with everything other than the air suspension and the fancy wood trim. I absolutely can't wait. No idea when deliveries will start, but I know it is based partly on 2 things: 1) Number of options (most specifically # of seats & whether or not the premium package is included) and 2) proximity to The Fremont CA factory. I know this from forums and what Tesla has told me. Baffling to me, the ModelXTracker says that only around 8% of reservations are for the 70D. Most people on forums talk about the 90D, but I don't understand why ~30 more miles of charge and air suspension is worth $15,500 more Does that 8% seem low to people? Thoughts on if this is correct or not?
Forgot to add modelxtracker data seems to be biased towards Sig reservations all of which are mandated to be 90kwH. It's lacking a large number of non Sig reservation data too.

@sqq you have a vin already? When did you get it?
No I don't, sorry if my response was confusing. My reservation queue (order of reserving, the old number before RN came in) was 169XX. Essentially I placed the 16,9XXth X reservation, which roughly translates into order of priority in delivery, well kind of.. since Tesla is prioritizing 90Ds first for even new reservations.. :/