Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Delivery Date for a 70D

First Month for a 70D Delivery

• April

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • May

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • June

Votes: 14 21.2%
  • July

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • August

Votes: 8 12.1%
  • September

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • October

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • November

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • December

Votes: 7 10.6%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bjorn's video sounds like there is considerably more wind and road noise from the x. I've read it wa more, but sounds significantly greater. Can any early model s owners that have since had more recent model s builds compare the drop in noise? Do we expect later version of the x to be quieter, or is this a cause of the panorama windshield?

Bjorn's video sounds like there is considerably more wind and road noise from the x. I've read it wa more, but sounds significantly greater. Can any early model s owners that have since had more recent model s builds compare the drop in noise? Do we expect later version of the x to be quieter, or is this a cause of the panorama windshield?

Watch his previous video regarding wind noise, he said it is fine. His boom mike just picks up more noise

The noise in my X is not much greater than in my early 2014 S. More noticeable is the front motor whine, as I have a single motor in my S. It's fine - I think some people have seal issues on earlier cars. Still, it's a broader, heavier vehicle so it's going to have some wind noise. Road noise should be reduced with 20" wheels over 22s.

• Informative
Reactions: ssq
The noise in my X is not much greater than in my early 2014 S. More noticeable is the front motor whine, as I have a single motor in my S. It's fine - I think some people have seal issues on earlier cars. Still, it's a broader, heavier vehicle so it's going to have some wind noise. Road noise should be reduced with 20" wheels over 22s.

Great to hear on the wind noise. Sounds like it will continue to improve.

The motor whine on the 90D is quite noticeable. Especially if you can find the constant wh input that corresponds with the start of the whine. Switching on and off between range mode really highlights the whine.

I've only had experience with the awd model s, but would love to hear the near silent effect on a rwd.

Don't get me wrong, it's a shockingly quiet car, but in awd the whine is very real, and quite annoying at the right pitch. I'm hoping it can be fixed in an ota sometime soon.

So now that they have upgraded the 70's to 75 I see the change reflected in the specs on my order. Definitely happy about that. Additionally they are saying June deliveries for new 75 orders. What does that mean for those of us who have already ordered? In my case my order was confirmed in January.

So now that they have upgraded the 70's to 75 I see the change reflected in the specs on my order. Definitely happy about that. Additionally they are saying June deliveries for new 75 orders. What does that mean for those of us who have already ordered? In my case my order was confirmed in January.

Does it show the $3000 base price increase on your existing order? 70D base was 80K, now 83K for 75D

Very excited, speculated the capacity increase in this thread earlier, well not as high as 80 but 75 would do. More excited since the design page shows June deliveries which has to apply for NEW orders, isn't it? Which in turn means all 70/75D orders get delivered before June!

Reactions: ohmman
I'm extremely happy for those holding 70D orders. This is a nice bonus - I think it makes the range much more comfortable as well. I know many of you didn't plan on longer road trips or whatever, but I am happy there's more breathing room regardless. Slightly faster bottom end Supercharging, earlier delivery.. and all of it at the same original price!

Given past history, I expect they'll move heaven and earth to get as many of these deliveries completed in June to count them in Q2.
Yes, Tesla's delivery schedule looks something like this (note, not a real chart):
Screen Shot 2016-04-12 at 11.15.39 AM.png