Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Glitch - Pass Window Won't Go Up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
after 2 days of wait with no response, i texted the mobile team and they said parts just arrived today and scheduled for Friday appointment. These are my impression for NJ Tesla service center so far 1. The service center didn't promptly return my calls, i have to keep calling or texting them for updates. 2. It seems they are not able to provide swift service. Car broke in just 2 weeks of ownership is disappointing and driving 1hr for a car repair is a big hassle. Tesla definitely needs to add more service centers and mobile capacity, especially Model 3 is coming.

Finally my X is fixed! Scheduled for 3:30-4:30. the Tech called in the morning saying he could be my home in 20mins if it works for me.
so it get fixed half day early :)
it took him more than 2 hours to finish the job. I noticed the part was shipped from CA via fedex priority overnight (per the label on the box). thats pretty expensive shipping cost. If tesla could plan it better, the money could be saved

It seems the tech did a refresh to the system. My regen was only half capacity even when i drive for a while and today's temperature is 60F. after the repair, its 100%. no more use of braking.

overall my X has quite a few small glitches besides the window issue, like driver side door do not open smoothly sometimes, warning msg about limited cooling of battery system, the regen capacity issue etc. But it drives like a charm and love it!