TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

First Glitch - Pass Window Won't Go Up

Discussion in 'Model X: Driving Dynamics' started by SolarRoof, Apr 10, 2016.

1. SolarRoof

SolarRoof Member

Passenger window continually lowered to half-open once closed. I could raise it in small increments a bit at a time, but if I tried to raise it all the way, it would kick back down. I did a reboot on system and it solved the issue.

2. ronmerkord

ronmerkord Member

I had exactly that happen with our driver's side window. Try using the window button to run it all the way down, hold it there for a few seconds, then try running it back up. On mine, it fixed the problem, and it hasn't happened again since.

Ron

• Informative x 1
  3. Marcos

Marcos Member

I've had that several times. Recalibration the window (the tip above) has never fixed it. If you had what I've had, then the window won't adjust downward when the door is closing. So if you attempt to close it with the window up, the window will clang at the top. When it's working fine, before door closes the window lowers a tad, closes, then adjusts up to make a seal.

So how to fix it? Once it fixed itself once it fixed by doing a power off. And the last time is right now and I haven't been able to fix it, which is why I'm here right now looking for other solutions. Did you ever find a solution?

4. elguapo

elguapo Member

@Marcos I had same issue. It fixed itself a couple of times. When I had the third row recall done, I mentioned it to the service team and they adjusted the window and I haven't had an issue since (a week ago)...

But I've just jinxed myself...

5. Marcos

Marcos Member

So I went to a service center today and had the window fixed. This is what they did:

At first, the guy tried the regular window calibration trick—push and hold to the bottom, wait a few seconds, then raise and hold. But of course, when the window hit the top, it would immediately close to the halfway mark. He tried this 5-6 times. I was like "dude, it's not working", but he said it just took persistence sometimes. So if at first it doesn't succeed, try, try again.

But after that 6th time or so, he changed tacks. He still brought it down, held for two seconds. But then he began raising it in short increments, like tap and raise, tap and raise, a few inches at a time. This actually did the trick. When the window got to the top, it didn't drop back down again. After that, it was working fine.

He said that sometimes you've got to mix it up if the regular calibration process doesn't work, still go down and press-hold, but then try raising it in various increments. So now my window works, and hopefully this will help the next person with that problem.

• Informative x 2
  6. Volkl7

Volkl7 Member

Had the same window issue about 2 weeks ago, however, mine was clearly a problem with the rubber seal. As the window rises, the seal on the outer/door side (passenger side) would roll up along with the window until it became too bulky and applied enough pressure to force the window back down.
    Fixed after a day at the SC.

7. modelx007

modelx007 Member

Same problem with passenger window after tinting. Which is a problem because the window os not supposed to go down for some days to allow drying.

8. aesculus

aesculus Still Trying to Figure this All Out

See the reboot thread

9. HQHQ

HQHQ Member

Hi just got my MX. When driver door closed, glass window protruded upward and stayed up creating a small gap which was very noisy when driving. Anybody knows how to fix it or do I have to visit SC. Thanks

10. Phil Seastrand

Check out the reset thread here: Model X Reset Techniques

Your window probably needs calibration. If that doesn't work, then the Service Center will have to take care of it.

• Informative x 1
  11. HQHQ

HQHQ Member

Called 24/7 Tech support. Ivan @Techsupport walked me through recalibration. Not working. Will visit SC tomorrow. Thanks Phil.

• Informative x 1
  12. HQHQ

HQHQ Member

Just got back from SC. Here what they did

1)Lower the window completely down
    2)Pull the window switch 2 times. This will automatically raise the window up
    3)Put the hand on top of the window when it raises half way. This will make the window automatically go down
    4)Repeat steps 2 and 3 (this could be 10-20 times) until doing step 2 and the window don't automatically raise again
    5)The window memory is now completely cleared
    6)Next roll the window completely down then hold the switch for 3 seconds
    7)Then roll the window completely up then hold the switch for 3 seconds
    8)Window fixed.

SC said whenever you have the window open too long for car washed or tinted, the window will lose the calibration. The above steps need to execute. SC said this is a known issue.

Good luck