Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First look with pictures at Tesla’s new mobile app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
???

Scroll down what?
For me, scrolling down simply makes "summon" visible and odometer, VIN and version.
I think he was referring to the widget screen, not the Tesla app. I swiped to the widget screen on my phone and it said "one new widget" at the bottom. When I clicked on that, it brought me to the iphone widget settings, then I added it to the list of visible widgets.

If controls are disabled and app keeps saying "Updated 4 mins ago" it might be because the clock setting on your smartphone is off. The clock on the car and on the phone has to be in sync it seems. Strange thing and kind of a bug.
Otherwise a disappointing lack of new functions but at least a much faster response.

Does not even work for me. It does not open. The circle of doom just spins and spins and spins . . .
My new app version has the same issue. It shows "No current information" at the bottom and the refresh arrow icon at the lower right spins for awhile and then stops. I've tried multiple times, rebooted my iPhone 6, no improvement. Maybe I need to reboot my S?

My new app version has the same issue. It shows "No current information" at the bottom and the refresh arrow icon at the lower right spins for awhile and then stops. I've tried multiple times, rebooted my iPhone 6, no improvement. Maybe I need to reboot my S?

Ecarfan,

I called Tesla the next day. The help was courteous, but it took a couple of transfers to find the right department. The person was fantastic in holding my hand. It appears that my internet connection at home does not work very well. It keeps bouncing back and forth from my personal internet to another signal that is in the neighborhood.

Anyway, she had me deactivate the internet connection so that the 3G bars were visible at the top of the large touchscreen. Presto! It worked.

You might try this technique, Fan.

Ecarfan,

I called Tesla the next day. The help was courteous, but it took a couple of transfers to find the right department. The person was fantastic in holding my hand. It appears that my internet connection at home does not work very well. It keeps bouncing back and forth from my personal internet to another signal that is in the neighborhood.

Anyway, she had me deactivate the internet connection so that the 3G bars were visible at the top of the large touchscreen. Presto! It worked.

You might try this technique, Fan.

May I suggest that you install a wifi extender on your home network. Because I can't pull a Cat5 cable to where I want the extender, I use a pair of 4-year-old D-Link power line extenders, one next to my router and connected to it by a patch cord from an Ethernet port; the other plugged into an outlet in a room close to the garage. I now get as fast Internet throughput in the garage as anywhere in the house. Even at the end of my driveway the throughput is 70% of my 30Mbps limit from Verizon FIOS plan and about 50% across the street.

Bummer. Was really hoping they'd add the "max battery" remote so that I don't have to climb out to the garage in wee hours on freezing mornings to enable it on the main screen.

So how do I setup touch id on my Note 4 to start the car without using the password???????????

Go to settings icon (top right I think) and from there, you can get to enable Touch ID. When you click on that slider button, it will prompt you to enter your My Tesla password once. that is it. Touch ID is ON.

Where?

IMG_0015-X3.png

Hit that arrow to the right of settings and it will bring up another screen. On that second screen you'll see a pair of keys in a circle. Click on that.

The arrow just exits the settings. The double keys show up on the main screen as well as the controls screen. This is the keyless driving "start" button which simply asks for my password, not touch id.