Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Mobile Service - Recall and Repair Items

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First mobile service was a very positive experience. The tech was excellent (and arrived early).

Repair
- Wheel well liner grommets - installed 6 on each side, aligned liners
- Mirror triangle trim - replaced both (they actually latch on, one of the old ones stuck out quite a bit)
- Inner tail lights replaced - condensation
- Dual Motor badge - decided to run it for a few miles

Recall
- Hood latch - apparently some have an interference issue

Guidance
Screen Film - I still have the orig plastic film on the screen. The tech suggested removing it before the weather gets hot due to reports of them melting on the screen. Will consider a real screen protector

Tire Rotation - approaching 5K miles; Tesla does it for $55. However, I get free rotation since I got my tires from Discount Tire.

I received this email the other week:
Model 3 Badge installation, Door Plugs, Charge Port Insulator Pin Bulletin, Hood Latch Readjustment Bulletin. This’ll be my first mobile service and it’s scheduled for this Monday. It was very easy scheduling. I’ll report back once everything is completed.

• Helpful
Reactions: Leafdriver333
I’m curious why you’d need a screen protector given the screen’s out-of-the-way location?

Early after the Model 3 came out one owner was in an accident with his car and the passenger’s arm/hand I think it was hit the screen and it broke cutting them. The owner tweeted Elon about this and the glove box not opening and Elon said both issues would be addressed. Plastic film was added to the screen on future cars and the glovebox had changes made to it too. So the screen apparently can injure someone should it break.

Would like to share my experience.
Had the mobile service coming to my house.
Arrived earlier than expected
Super friendly and competent.
Fixed all the problems but one and he told me how to address it.

Here the interesting part.

Neighbor #1: My wife and him met the same afternoon. he said saw the service on my driveway if there was something wrong with the car.
My wife explained that nothing was wrong, only minor fix and Tesla send somebody to your home so you don't have to drive your car somewhere, wait on line etc... you just stay comfortable in your house.
Jaw dropping moment :D He was just speechless about the service.

Neighbor #2: he asked me why the van, I explained and he told me "So you're getting Ferrari treatment".