Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Tesla vehicle delivered with HW4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From that exact same twitter thread:

Screen Shot 2023-02-20 at 9.41.44 AM.png

Reactions: WyoDude
Maybe its my age, and I am getting more grumpy as I get older, but I really dislike the rush to be "First" with information like this, instead of "right"... both here and elswhere online.
Teslascope isn't just any random Joe Shmo.. they report with accuracy. Historically, they've only been wrong twice. That's why I chose to post this here, as I trust them as a reputable source.

Reactions: buckets0fun and GSP
Teslascope isn't just any random Joe Shmo.. they report with accuracy. Historically, they've only been wrong twice. That's why I chose to post this here, as I trust them as a reputable source.
If they were confident in the information they released, they would not have put that disclaimer In the thread that I screenshotted. They obviously wanted to try to be first, rather than vetting it more so they didnt need disclaimers. I have no idea what the reason is that you posted it here when you saw that and the disclaimers, but it looks like trying to be first to bring it here.

If they were confident in the information they released, they would not have put that disclaimer In the thread that I screenshotted. They obviously wanted to try to be first, rather than vetting it more so they didnt need disclaimers. I have no idea what the reason is that you posted it here when you saw that and the disclaimers, but it looks like trying to be first to bring it here.
Well, truthfully, I didn't see that disclaimer. I only saw "Teslascope" and believed it was confirmed.

If it turns out that the HW4 claim is actually not true then feel free to delete/move this thread.

So how would this line up with Green's info on the HW4 computer? What cameras would these headlight cameras be? The new location of the front/side facing driving cameras, labelled FF, which we thought meant front fender? Or the bumper/SVC cameras we think are for parking? But there were three of those so the speculation was front/centre and the other two in the rear bumper (or even mirrors or b-pillar) if they are surround view cameras.

Not picking on the original post, but lets be realistic, most folks use twitter get make a reputation and the competition to be first is tough.
Teslascope are just the same as Notateslaapp, Electrek, Teslarati and any number of "influencers", they all have good and bad days.
Anyone remember this hilarious, gloating post that was wrong when they posted it and just got more wrong as time went on.
Screenshot 2023-02-20 at 15.04.54.png

So now I always "doubt the scope" or anyone who is that full of themselves.

So how would this line up with Green's info on the HW4 computer? What cameras would these headlight cameras be? The new location of the front/side facing driving cameras, labelled FF, which we thought meant front fender? Or the bumper/SVC cameras we think are for parking? But there were three of those so the speculation was front/centre and the other two in the rear bumper (or even mirrors or b-pillar) if they are surround view cameras.
Maybe front facing or another term.

F-SVC- Tesla Emblem
L-FF-Side-Left Light
R-FF-Side- Right Light
L-FF-Rear- ?
R-FF-Rear- ?
Wide- Window
Main- Window
Selfie- Inside
L-SVC- Left Repeater
R-SVC- Right Repeater
Backup- Back