Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fisker Karma

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Definitely a unique looking car. It looks like something from a movie that some rich Bruce Wayne type would be driving.

The ridiculous little solar panel on the roof had to have added $10,000 to the price, for no other reason than marketing. Look at all the faqs on the Tesla forum site asking about adding a solar panel to the Model S. Like that would add more than a mile to the range.

Definitely a unique looking car. It looks like something from a movie that some rich Bruce Wayne type would be driving.

The ridiculous little solar panel on the roof had to have added $10,000 to the price, for no other reason than marketing. Look at all the faqs on the Tesla forum site asking about adding a solar panel to the Model S. Like that would add more than a mile to the range.

It's not about adding range at this point with the solar panel, it's about keeping the battery conditioned and thus won't loose any miles like the roadster and volt do when left unplugged in hot conditions (due to the battery using it's own energy to keep the battery conditioned). It probably adds 10k and a good deal of weight.

Did you drive up in a roadster?
Oddly enough, yes, but not a Roadster.
hey doug did you get a chance to take a peek at the trunk? I'm still convinced they shrunk it for more cabin room.
The Fisker folks wouldn't let us look in the trunk. The excuse was that Ray had a bunch of his stuff in there (he actually got the car a couple days ago). But clearly they didn't really want the press to see it at this time. They didn't let the press see under the hood either. I managed to convince them to let me see the ICE, but only after I promised the marketing person that I wouldn't take photos. She was concerned that it didn't have the latest engine cover with the EVer logo on it.
listening to the video at the end, the noise of the engine running is really bad. They need to correct that before they release this car.
I never actually got to hear the engine running. What you're hearing is the synthetic noise they added and probably also some cooling fans. Only when it takes off do you hear a bit of the sound from the drivetrain. I have other vids that hopefully I'll get up tomorrow.

I heard the marketing person speak to several people about the solar roof. The statistic she mentioned was "about 200 miles of range (per year)." It does help keep the cabin cool, though. At any rate it was something their customers wanted and they think it looks cool, so who am I to knock it.

And was the left taillight not working?
Yeah... seems to have been working earlier.
5979063133_1a115a2110_z.jpg

But then stopped working later.
5979123679_658aa7fe81_z.jpg

I would say it is virtually impossible to determine how loud the car is based solely on the video. The auto gain of the camera will ramp up to find sound. The shutter click and the bird in the background sound quite loud as well.