Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fisker Karmas for about $30k off MSRP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Outside of its exterior looks and interior craftsmanship, I really don't see the appeal of this car. Especially when you can get a Model S for the same price, even after this steep discount on the Karma. The Karma is a reliability problem waiting to happen, even if we've seen the last of the fires.

30-35K seems about right. With a fairly loaded Performance Model S going for about $100K, I think a Karma would need to be about $75-80K sticker in order to woo some buyers away. I just can't imagine someone would pay $10K more for a vehicle that:

* Has poorer performance
* An inferior interface
* Questionable reliability
* Higher operating expenses
* Less access to HOV lanes (at least in CA)
* Comes from a company that has much less chance of being in business in the next 1-5 years...

^^^
Or for those who live in CA, one can buy a "poor man's Tesla", the Rav4 EV.

So Cal Toyota incentives ($10K off WITH 0% financing) on leftover '12 models (Toyota Dealerships - New & Used Car Deals & Special Offers | BuyAToyota.com
with a So Cal zip like 90024) coupled w/some dealer discounting (along w/Federal tax credit and CVRP) makes it more enticing...
yeah, now there's about 25 of them on ebay last i looked. some w only a couple hundred miles for a good $30k off..
LOL. I see them. I wonder who's going to buy them and how much they eventually go for.

If you want to make some money in the future, buy these Fisker's up. Truth is that when a company goes bankrupt and production of the vehicle has ceased the value eventually is driven up since its a true rarity. Take a look at the Delorean. Starting price was 12k to purchase, retail price was suggested to be around 24k. Value in today's market the cost would be 63k. The cars now are going for 29k to 45k. Interesting enough I ran across the Delorean website that indicates a new production line coming:

DeLorean Motor Company | The Best Source for your DeLorean

If you want to make some money in the future, buy these Fisker's up. Truth is that when a company goes bankrupt and production of the vehicle has ceased the value eventually is driven up since its a true rarity. Take a look at the Delorean. Starting price was 12k to purchase, retail price was suggested to be around 24k. Value in today's market the cost would be 63k. The cars now are going for 29k to 45k. Interesting enough I ran across the Delorean website that indicates a new production line coming:

DeLorean Motor Company | The Best Source for your DeLorean

I saw the DeLorean at the New York car show the other year in all EV, The Electric DeLorean | DeLorean Motor Company quite a little video and it even shows and talks about Tesla. All good though.

They sold from a dealer for over $103k. So if you bought a Karma from a dealer recently and needed to sell today, you'd have paid around $50k for the months you drove your car.

Apparently you can convert your Karma to a V8...

Fisker Karma Owners Rush to VL Productions for V8 Transplant

http://blog.caranddriver.com/destin...e-karma-based-destino-2013-detroit-auto-show/

VL-Automotive-Destino-placement-626x382.jpg