Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fit & Finish Issues - Which ones would you ask to be corrected?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, but I only paid $23,500 for a $42k MSRP Volt. That's two Volts for the price of a LR RWD Model 3. I traded my 16k mile Volt towards the new Volt and only paid $2,800 difference after all the tax and registration fees. It's pretty hard to pass at that price even if obsolete. And don't forget I have the gas engine that will go forever once the 60 miles of electric range is gone.

I think Tesla needs more time to work out the production issues plus the price will continue to fall. I'll consider the Model 3 once my Volt accumulates more miles.

Blah blah. You got a car that’s 1/10th as capable/fun/attractive/supported for half the price. Congrats. It’s irrelevant here.

To the OP - return the car. Get a new one. Not worth the hassle.

Well, the delivery manager is telling me this is as perfect as it gets... That if I reorder, I will be faced with the same problems.

That's bullcrap, for sure. Ask to look at another new Model 3 and see for yourself. Man, I'd hate to have someone like that working for my company.

That car was damaged on the bottom - rocker panels & wheels. A panel is pushed out of alignment and the paint being scraped off of those nuts sure looks like some adjustments have already been tried. Maybe someone got it crossways on the transporter ramps or something. I could live with all of the paint stuff & get it corrected, but the other damage would not be acceptable and I would return. JHMO

Best of luck - please let us know what you do and how it turns out.

Yeah, but I only paid $23,500 for a $42k MSRP Volt. That's two Volts for the price of a LR RWD Model 3. I traded my 16k mile Volt towards the new Volt and only paid $2,800 difference after all the tax and registration fees. It's pretty hard to pass at that price even if obsolete. And don't forget I have the gas engine that will go forever once the 60 miles of electric range is gone.

I think Tesla needs more time to work out the production issues plus the price will continue to fall. I'll consider the Model 3 once my Volt accumulates more miles.

Things in general that are discontinued get huge price markdowns because they likely won’t get support. Cars are no different. I get you think you got a bargain and were able to trade up to a newer model but hope you feel the same down the road if you need service or body work. And if you decide to sell it or trade in don’t think you’ll find what you’ll get that attractive.

I always looked at hybrids as being a car that can have both electrical and ICE issues and twice the potential maintenance/labor costs so never saw the real appeal. After having my Tesla ZEV I never want to smell or touch a drop of gasoline again. The build issue is far better than when the car first came out and even gearheads, and Tesla haters like former GM’s Bob Lutz, who have dissed Model 3s in the past are now saying they are buying one and thought the quality had vastly improved in the fit and finish area. Heck Sandy Munro has done a 180 on Model 3. While Tesla will work to improve production and get costs down further they are into a lot of areas and will still want to maintain a certain profit level. I’m not so sure how much lower the cars will go honestly especially the SR/SR+ range models.

Reactions: Seven7
The front bumper has defanitely been resprayed, and the pain missing on the hood nuts u
Well, the delivery manager is telling me this is as perfect as it gets... That if I reorder, I will be faced with the same problems.

No way - that front bumper was definitely repainted, and poorly at that. The panels have been removed, as well as the wheels and tires, which spent a lot of time being pushed around on the floor - which is what you see the marks on the rims.

Go look at some other model 3's on the lot with the delivery manager, and let him see for himself. My Model 3 has none of the issues your has.

Tesla's response, the regional service manager let the store service manager take the reins and he stands by/behind policy with no discussion regarding the issues at all. Just I can return it or keep it and they may or may not fix the issues depending if they declare them within spec and that most appear within spec according the the delivery manager. No discussion on what happened to the car, which ones he knows he can fix, etc. He's sorry for the hassle. Not a thing. Just regurgitates policy and that's that. Wow.

Tesla's response, the regional service manager let the store service manager take the reins and he stands by/behind policy with no discussion regarding the issues at all. Just I can return it or keep it and they may or may not fix the issues depending if they declare them within spec and that most appear within spec according the the delivery manager. No discussion on what happened to the car, which ones he knows he can fix, etc. He's sorry for the hassle. Not a thing. Just regurgitates policy and that's that. Wow.
Why do you still have it? That last post you made should have been the last straw for this beat up Model 3.

88A069B5-DA46-4748-AC70-1C9D5D6AC5F2.jpeg
677039C8-FE6C-4677-99D7-497BED90F178.jpeg
E85C8147-36FE-4924-A698-CDB0AC0408D0.jpeg
View attachment 426214 This is how the car is suppose to look at delivery. No, and I mean “no”
88A069B5-DA46-4748-AC70-1C9D5D6AC5F2.jpeg
677039C8-FE6C-4677-99D7-497BED90F178.jpeg
dust nibs or other paint issues.

Reactions: VT_EE
I have the wonky trunk seal, which means not installed correctly and then when they don't heat and stretch it into place it retains that wrinkled up shape. Basically needs a new one installed. Not a huge deal but annoying.

As for the missing fender clips it appears this is a cost cutting move as none of the cars seem to have them installed. I bought some online and finished building the car myself. :confused: 8mm hole, here is a good kit if you find more missing. I did.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076BMVZ8R/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also had the damaged scuff plates issue and I had mobile service order new ones and they came out and replaced them in my garage. Was very pleased with the mobile service so far. We also fixed a small bumper to fender alignment issue in 5 minutes.

The biggest issue you have with this car is not all those paint nicks and chips it is the pushed in fender and it definitely looks like the front bumper was painted by the way it is flaking like that. Now it is not uncommon for damage to happen to cars while being transported and a car can be repaired and sold as new without being disclosed. We can all guess what happened but it is what it is.

If you don't think you can get past it I would just start the return process and order another one if you still have faith in the brand. I just bought two of them and while the build quality is far from perfect the car has been great in many other ways.

The front bumper has defanitely been resprayed, and the pain missing on the hood nuts u

No way - that front bumper was definitely repainted, and poorly at that. The panels have been removed, as well as the wheels and tires, which spent a lot of time being pushed around on the floor - which is what you see the marks on the rims.

Go look at some other model 3's on the lot with the delivery manager, and let him see for himself. My Model 3 has none of the issues your has.

The hood was also removed for some reason.
No way I would accept this car.

Reactions: DJVoorhees