Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Five Xs at Devon Service Center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was driving by Devon tonight and noticed three sitting outside in the lot. That, of course, prompted a pull-in so I could check them out. Oddly, they've been at the SC all week as I saw them inside the maintenance bays when I dropped by on Monday for something else. It's also pretty clear they are not ready for delivery: dirty, stickers everywhere, stuff inside, etc. Externally they look like they just came off the transport truck.

Not sure what the story is, but as someone waiting for S5xx I'm a little worried this indicates problems with these vehicles that made the SC unwilling to deliver them. Any theories?

They were a sig red 6-seater, a white 7, and a midnight silver 7. There were also two inside - a white and black but couldn't determine the seating configuration from a distance. VINs for the first three are as follows. To respect those who may not want to see their VINs, I thought I'd post the VINs but require a little math to decode them. If you've got an eidetic memory or are really fast at math and don't want to see your VIN, stop reading now. :wink:

32*14.125-113
48*16.125-190
24*6.625+64

funniest thing I've ever read on this forum. Everyone is bickering about VINs (are we really that bored?) and you come out with the BEST solution. If you want to know the VIN then do the math. If not, then don't do it. Argument over!

This shall henceforth be known as the "Proto Soultion."

funniest thing I've ever read on this forum. Everyone is bickering about VINs (are we really that bored?) and you come out with the BEST solution. If you want to know the VIN then do the math. If not, then don't do it. Argument over!

This shall henceforth be known as the "Proto Soultion."

agreed! The Proto Solution is exceptionally well thought out and incredibly thoughtful!

Thanks! We'll chalk it up to my beginner's luck. Now if my luck would just get a fully functional sig red delivered to Devon (or the winning PowerBall numbers for Saturday -- really, either will do).

Waiting since placing the reservation wasn't a big deal... but being soooooo close and STILL waiting sucks!

- - - Updated - - -

Picture(s) or it did not happened - you must be new around here. :smile:

I was going to, but it was quite dark and dirty. Maybe I'll be obsessing enough that I'll run back over tomorrow and snap some pictures in the daylight. Definitely will not be going to see if there were any more deliveries. No, definitely not.

I was at the Mount Kisco NY service center today and saw three Xs (two wrapped whites and a beautiful Titanium). From what the guys said I think there are at least 6 there right now being prepped for delivery. I realize this isn't really the proper thread to post this report, but I didn't get pictures either, and I didn't want to experience the ridicule that would be (appropriately) heaped on me over at Random Model X Sightings. Safer over here where ProtoMM has already broken the no-picture-service-center-sighting barrier!

I live about five minutes from the service center. Saw 2 sigs in the work area last week of December... Asked for a peek but got strict No Way from everybody I asked, so I haven't stopped by since.

Anyway, I am finalized now so probably no difference but in the off chance any Devon Sig deliveries spot this thread... I would LOVE a PM heads up if you were willing to let me run over and get a close up of the interior. Thanks!