Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Flatbed to SC only 4 days after delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my S 100D on Saturday, have the new MCU and was told it could have issues. Got the 10.2 update 2 nights ago. Today I got in the car and had a parking brake fault. I could drive it but the brake on the right rear wheel was still engaged. Tried to reset and car wouldn’t reset. Got back in a few minutes later and everything was good, but support said they need to flatbed it to a SC. I’m on a work trip 6 hours from home and the SC is 6 hours from my current location.

I know Teslas have bugs, but I didn’t expect to see my baby on a flatbed less than a week into ownership. It just sucks and I guess I needed to vent. Really hurts the whole new car experience.

Picked up my S 100D on Saturday, have the new MCU and was told it could have issues. Got the 10.2 update 2 nights ago. Today I got in the car and had a parking brake fault. I could drive it but the brake on the right rear wheel was still engaged. Tried to reset and car wouldn’t reset. Got back in a few minutes later and everything was good, but support said they need to flatbed it to a SC. I’m on a work trip 6 hours from home and the SC is 6 hours from my current location.

I know Teslas have bugs, but I didn’t expect to see my baby on a flatbed less than a week into ownership. It just sucks and I guess I needed to vent. Really hurts the whole new car experience.

Sorry to hear about the parking brake problem. Hope it is a simple and quick fix.

Seriously, why would SC warn you there there would be issues on a new car? If there were problems that they knew would pop up, they should’ve been proactive about the matter and postpone the delivery to fix them rather than giving you an advanced ‘warning’ and then hope everything will work itself out.

Seriously, why would SC warn you there there would be issues on a new car? If there were problems that they knew would pop up, they should’ve been proactive about the matter and postpone the delivery to fix them rather than giving you an advanced ‘warning’ and then hope everything will work itself out.

I think my car falls in line with the other batch that got delayed delivery because of the new MCU and associated issues. I have reason to believe my car slipped through the cracks on delivery day, since they delayed an hour and a half while a “senior Tesla engineer in CA” patched into my car to fix things.

• Helpful
Reactions: mongo

My car was delivered in late December with a faulty chargeport. They knew about the issue back in November but did nothing to change it out before delivery! I did not get a new chargeport until early Feb so I was not able to supercharge at all for a few weeks and regular at home charging was sporadic.