Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Floor Jack: Do you carry one?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone keep a floor jack permanently in the car or during road trips? I bought the lightest I can find at the time but it is still about +/- 40 lbs and bulky. What brand and jack specs do you have? Thank you.

Attachments

• 6BFCA03B-6CBB-40F3-B9E5-242C9A78AFBC.jpeg
    6BFCA03B-6CBB-40F3-B9E5-242C9A78AFBC.jpeg
    494.9 KB · Views: 155
It's been so long since I've had a flat, I mean, like years, that I've quit wasting my time with a jack. A jack means you've got to carry around a spare, too, and a mat to sit on while you jack up the car. And a lug wrench. All for the slimmest of chances that I'd have a flat somewhere away from home, like on a trip, where I wouldn't be able to wait until I got to a town and had to call triple A (which I don't belong to) or some other such. So, I don't carry one. Never. Haven't carried one for a dozen years. Haven't carried a spare in that long, either. And guess what?

I've never needed one.

Now, if I lived where there were lots of nails or screws on the road... Nah. Been there. Car notices pressure differences and puts a notification on the dash and I check it when I get home.

Does anyone keep a floor jack permanently in the car or during road trips? I bought the lightest I can find at the time but it is still about +/- 40 lbs and bulky. What brand and jack specs do you have? Thank you.
I did this past weekend but only for long trips where I don’t want to wait on roadside assistance. It’s a 3 ton and weighs 65 pounds so the weight was probably noticeable. I just didn’t have time to waste but I normally don’t leave it in the back cubby of the s