Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got an email 2 days ago saying my order would ship next week, now got the June delivery email too, so no idea what's going on. Losing confidence, but I suppose that's the risk buying Chinese start up products! Those WeatherTech/Tesla are looking better and better :)

Reactions: whisperingshad
I got an email 2 days ago saying my order would ship next week, now got the June delivery email too, so no idea what's going on. Losing confidence, but I suppose that's the risk buying Chinese start up products! Those WeatherTech/Tesla are looking better and better :)
Apologies in advance for this hold up. We had a huge influx in orders the last few weeks and our manufacturing facility informed us yesterday that they would have to continue production until May 8th in order to fulfill everyone’s order. This is completely out of our control. We have sent everyone an update as soon as we were able to. Please note that June 18th is our most conservative number, we expect our customers to have their product delivered before then.

Just got an email update that the 2021 5-seater version is now expected to be delivered by or before June 18. This is for an order place 4/2.
A bit disappointed since this is much later than expected but also know that shipping from factories to the US is crazy right now.
That is true and also we have received an unprecedented amount of orders the last couple of weeks and our factory told us last minute yesterday that they had to extend production to May 8th in order to fulfill all of our customers orders. Please note that June 18th is a very conservative estimate and we expect to see deliveries before then. We are working extremely hard around the clock to give you the most accurate information. We are working with each and everyone of our customers to make sure they are happy. Our customers is our #1 priority and we do everything in our power to put them first. After sending out this PSA to all of our customers I got flooded with hundreds of emails and texts and answered each and everyone of them immediately as I am available 24/7.

• Love
Reactions: SvenG
I asked again after receiving the blanket delivery email, and my mats are supposed to ship next week, then take 3 weeks to arrive in the US, and a few more days (assuming a week) to get to me so that looks like a late May / Early June delivery.

I asked again after receiving the blanket delivery email, and my mats are supposed to ship next week, then take 3 weeks to arrive in the US, and a few more days (assuming a week) to get to me so that looks like a late May / Early June delivery.
The June 18th is a very conservative number. We expect deliveries to start well before then.

Just got email last night that our orders have been boxed and loaded onto shipping containers to Los Angeles. Eta 3 weeks plus 1-3 days...
HI all, its me again, the mad man behind production and design at Tesla Shields!
Since Jason's been busy with finishing college and stuff, I've been dealing with our factory and shipping agents to get these mats to you. It's been quite a headache, I think I aged 4 years making sure things were done properly, but we are getting the hang of this process, so it should get smoother as we grow.

I also want to make sure everyone is clear on the process and work that goes into getting these mats made and shipped to manage expectations and minimize misunderstandings as to why delays have happened, and if future ones may happen. Oh, I have also told the website people (Jason et all) to put a countdown timer on the website, and I'll try to make sure it stays as accurate as possible. Anyways....

I just got off the phone/email with everyone (hence why I am still awake at 2:30am) and can confirm the following:

(Please forgive any humor in the following information)

1. Production ends (a little later than expected due to holidays) FYI: We have started pre-production on our next batch of products, in case anyone missed out on the stupendous, amazing, best value "wait like idk 3+ months" deal, we've already started that process again. Yes, we are shameless.
2. Everything has to be checked, boxed and then shipped to a warehouse near the port, which takes a couple days.
3. This week: The inventory arrives at our shipping company's facility.

4. (Couple of days): Our shipping company does the very annoying task of containerizing everything and dealing with customs and booking transport to minimize the likelihood of them noticing our undercover narcotics ring. We found a sneaky way to cut down the time and cost of this part by separating our order into smaller shipments and booking space from containers that have unused room, ideally on the same ship.
5. (Couple of days): The containers get taken to port and hastily thrown onto the ship a la mode of Benny Hill but far less wacky. Hopefully the ship they throw our containers on uses a working engine and isn't heading toward the suez canal (too soon?). ***
6. (15-20 days): The ship decides it wants to become a movie star and heads to HOLLYWOOD. There, it waits a few days in Santa Monica bay to hear back from it's agent after having a "very promising" casting audition. After some bad news and a few days of bartending, it will decide to stop pursuing it's dreams and focus on reality, dropping off the cargo in the Port of LA and never being heard from again.
7. (Couple of days): The cargo is taken to a warehouse and is released once it passes customs clearance. We partnered with REDSTAG Fulfillment for this and future website orders, so I think we are in good hands with them! It is then re-containered(?), attached to a truck or maybe a train and sent to our fulfillment center in Salt Lake city (or possibly their Los Angeles facility, which is opening in June!).
8. (Couple of days): Our crack team of high-quality mormon fulfilment people unload each container, packs your order faster than you can say "Joseph Smith" and ships it to you with 2-day shipping (west coast and central US) or slightly longer shipping (east coast).

***P.S: Everyone and their mother is currently booking ships so it's a free for all. I kid you not. Trans-Pacific shipping rates just popped to new all-time high - FreightWaves
Don't worry, I already planned for this problem in our financial projections, so no costs are being passed to you, deal customers, but it did slow down our ability to ship a little, so please be patient!

*** P.PS: If anyone is located in the Los Angeles area and has space or wants to arrange a meet and greet/pickup event with me when our shipment arrives at our warehouse, let me know. It would allow us to get mats to people sooner, possibly meet me and/or Jason, and cut down on shipping stuff to salt lake just to send it back to Cali, Maybe we'll rent a U HAUL and come deliver mats to people or something in a relative proximity!

Last edited:
I was thinking of the 3rd row up down situation with the trunk liner. What needs to happen is a liner with the third row up and seat back protectors for the third row that way you get the full trunk space protected. You could add seat back protectors to the second row as an option

Message Sent

*** P.PS: If anyone is located in the Los Angeles area and has space or wants to arrange a meet and greet/pickup event with me when our shipment arrives at our warehouse, let me know. It would allow us to get mats to people sooner, possibly meet me and/or Jason, and cut down on shipping stuff to salt lake just to send it back to Cali, Maybe we'll rent a U HAUL and come deliver mats to people or something in a relative proximity!

Message Sent

Got you. Will see if we get enough interest!

I was thinking of the 3rd row up down situation with the trunk liner. What needs to happen is a liner with the third row up and seat back protectors for the third row that way you get the full trunk space protected. You could add seat back protectors to the second row as an option

Shhh don't spoil things for everyone. Let's just say that we think alike here, but it's going to take a couple prototypes to flesh it out.