Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@tshields Would it be possible for 7 seat pre-orders to receive a set of the regular model Y mats (the front and second row) while the third row is being molded and produced? Even if it means we pay shipping for the third row? Third row in mine will get very little use and I would love to have the other mats in while I wait. Thanks for considering!

Hi yes we can absolutely do that! This will actually bring your cost down as well! Please remember to put a note on the notes section at stating that you would like to have the third row and we will contact you as soon as we start shipment with the 7 seater! I am available 24/7 and can be reached via phone, chat, Facebook, instagram, email, etc all listed on our site as I am handling all off the customer support to ensure we have the best customer support and the best fitting mats around.

Thanks,
Jason
Co-founder of TeslaShields

• Love
Reactions: angus[Y]oung
Model Y Lovers, We Want Your Opinions!

Introducing T Shields 3D Tesla Model Y Floor Mats

Year/Model: 2020-2021 Model Y

Trim: Standard, Performance and Long Range

Warranty: Lifetime Guaranteed

Our team at T Shields has created a product with a custom fit to provide 25% more coverage than any of our leading competitors. No slip surface of the mat ensures foot traction on the mat in all conditions and grips on the bottom make sure once they’re in they stay, no more sliding floppy mats.

High quality triple layer TPR & XPE rubber will protect your Model Y’s interior floor from rain, dust, dirt, snow, coffee, clumsy friends & kids. Quick and easy to install, remove and clean, our logo-free mats keep your Tesla factory clean without sacrificing style.

We’re always looking for ways to improve and made this post to open it up to your feedback, comments, concerns, suggestions. Start a conversation with us or reply here.

Shop & Pre-Order | www.teslashields.com

Connect | FB – Instagram | @Teslashields

Just curious if you are accounting for the difference in the seat risers on the 2020 Y vs the 2021 Y? You may need separate (longer) mats for the 2021 Y driver side and front passenger side. I ran into this issue with 3D Max mats from tesloid.ca. They don't quite fit my 2021 Y. Too short.

Just curious if you are accounting for the difference in the seat risers on the 2020 Y vs the 2021 Y? You may need separate (longer) mats for the 2021 Y driver side and front passenger side. I ran into this issue with 3D Max mats from tesloid.ca. They don't quite fit my 2021 Y. Too short.
They say that their mats fit properly into the 2021, but have yet to post any photos. It’s kinda suspicious, tbh.

@tshields Several people asking for photographic demonstration of the fit in a 2021 model Y as based on other designs the 2020 doesn't fit particularly well in the 2021.

If these fit then lets see some pictures so we can place an order :)
Ok will take some pictures now with our sample will be back in a couple of hours. Good thing I live right next to a Tesla store! :)

Hello friends,
Just a quick update, went to the Tesla store and they had no cars at all! Apparently it’s the end of their selling quarter and they sold out of everything. I do have some pictures when I borrowed a family members 2021 model Y however the pictures are not detailed enough and will provide better photos but in the mean time check it out!

Attachments

• IMG_2177.jpg
    IMG_2177.jpg
    276.8 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_2178.jpg
    IMG_2178.jpg
    255.3 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
Reactions: Dangsdunks
They look pretty good and no visible branding Just placed a preorder.
Any plans to make mats for the trunk and frunk?
we just published a new thread. Check it out!
It is widely known that the Tesla Model 3 and y (and possibly the rest of their models) have a total waterproof sealed battery pack and as a result, can float on water during a flood for some time. Now, since our mats create a seal and are designed to keep water out of your carpets, is it possible that it can create a seal that keeps water from coming undeath your floors and will allow you to turn your Tesla into a miniature yacht? Of course, the primary function and demand for our Tesla Shield mats are to keep your vehicle pristine clean, like brand new, by protecting and shielding your Tesla from tracking in mud, grime, dirt and even seaweed! But, is our product so functional that it can actually turn your Tesla into an amphibious vehicle?? Naturally, this notion of taking the functionality of our product to such an absurd level just to make our point, is a nice, idealic thought, however, it probably is not physically possible, so I wouldn’t risk my prized possession by trying this at home. But, if anyone who has purchased our mats has dared to take their model 3 or y for a quick sailing trip, let us know how that worked out.

Jason
Co-founder of TeslaShields

Shop & Pre-Order | www.teslashields.com

Connect | FB, Instagram, and Twitter | @Teslashields

@tshields Several people asking for photographic demonstration of the fit in a 2021 model Y as based on other designs the 2020 doesn't fit particularly well in the 2021.

If these fit then lets see some pictures so we can place an order :)
Hello folks,
we just tested out mats in a 2021 model y and they look great. Here are some pics!

Attachments

• A9A4FDC3-BE39-400C-A114-37BE902E00A8.jpeg
    A9A4FDC3-BE39-400C-A114-37BE902E00A8.jpeg
    390.4 KB · Views: 126
  • B2315524-38A8-4B4C-A78A-7A4376A7148C.jpeg
    B2315524-38A8-4B4C-A78A-7A4376A7148C.jpeg
    454 KB · Views: 133
  • B47D97AC-F11C-4775-A23B-65C58B3F9D31.jpeg
    B47D97AC-F11C-4775-A23B-65C58B3F9D31.jpeg
    454.1 KB · Views: 134
Still looks like there’s a gap between the front seat riser and mats. If you make mats specifically designed for the new risers to remove the gap, then you’ll likely have 2021 MY buyers interested.

@tshields I think that sadly @Bucky96 is correct--based on your images above, it doesn't look like your mats are for the updated seat mounting after all.

Reactions: 101dals
Agree. Even though it technically "fits", doesn't mean it is the best fit possible. The fastest manufacturer to re-tool for the 2021 will win.

@Flightgamer it looks to me like WeatherTech has done this. When you go to the 2020 Model Y page 2020 Tesla Model Y | WeatherTech FloorLiner - car floor mats liner, floor tray protects and lines the floor of truck and SUV carpeting from mud, snow, water and dirt | WeatherTech Canada, it give you a choice to select which mount, after which it takes you to different URLs:

2020 Original Mount: 2020 Tesla Model Y | WeatherTech FloorLiner - car floor mats liner, floor tray protects and lines the floor of truck and SUV carpeting from mud, snow, water and dirt | WeatherTech Canada

2020 Revised mount: 2020 Tesla Model Y | WeatherTech FloorLiner - car floor mats liner, floor tray protects and lines the floor of truck and SUV carpeting from mud, snow, water and dirt | WeatherTech Canada

If you instead select a 2021, it doesn't ask; I guess this is because all 2021s have the revised mount, while the change was made late in the 2020 model year run.. if I remember correctly.

Reactions: Flightgamer
Hello Tesla Shields fans and potential customers,
Not sure if I am allowed to do this, but I wanted to sign up and provide some input.
I am the guy behind designing new products for Tshields (Thank you, thank you, no applause needed!) and wanted to directly reach out because my partner is swamped by emails and questions and it looks like some valuable updates are missing. We are a reallllyyyy smallllll company, so it's hard for us to juggle everything perfectly.

Here is our current product list and the stage of development/production/shipping for each:

INTERIOR MATS:
Model Y (original)
: DONE! In production for shipping this month from our factory.

Model Y (Revised/2021): DONE! In production for shipping this month from our factory.

Model Y (7 Seater): IN PROGRESS! Working hard to develop a solid mold and get it done by Q4. The 3rd row is really small and kind of annoying to measure, I was doing it by hand due to a few little annoyances, such as the bump on the left side center of the mat. Work in progress!

Model 3 (2017-2019): MORE ON THE WAY! We are producing more to coincide with the launch of our model Y 2020/2020(revised)/2021 mats.

Model 3 (2020-21): DONE! Will be shipping near end of the month.

Model 3 (RIGHT HAND): PIP PIP, SPOT OF TEA, WE'RE DONE! Shipping out a limited order of 50 mats at the end of the month to test the market.

Model S: WORK IN PROGRESS! Not to throw shade on the S(exiest tesla car) but currently it's not a major focus. We do throw some time into it here and there, but your boys at Tshields have to eat. We are not a large company, and we can't divert our limited resources to a very niche mat (in the grand scheme of the tesla universe).

Model X: Same with Model S. We will be hacking at it once these other mats are in full swing.

TRUNK/FRUNK/ETC
ALL MATS (Except model Y 7 seater)
: DONE! Preorders have started, still waiting back from our factory to send us production samples to photograph.

That's all I have currently, but I will keep an eye on the conversation and can throw my hat in if I think my partner needs it.

• Informative
Hello folks,
we just tested out mats in a 2021 model y and they look great. Here are some pics!
Pst. You accidentally showed them photos of us measuring the revised mount system vs the 2020 original system.

As far as I could tell, the second row is a perfect fit still. Front left and right mats were between 1.25" and 2" off in some areas. I also noticed the pesky gap between the door and the seats that I am really debating on creating an extension on the driver and passenger mats to cover. Anyone interested in this? I am mentioning it because it's an excuse to spend money and 3-4 months developing and testing a new mold with second a row lip that contours the rail and center console perfectly. 🤓