Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FOB and windows

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well... that's not good. I used this all the time last year. I tried it the other day to cool down the car before I got in and thought I was just out of range or something.

Losing features I used to have sucks, especially frequently-used ones. :frown:

I just used this feature the day before my update. Pretty bummed when it didn't work today. It's getting a bit warmer here and the car is hitting 120-130 degrees. Nice to be able to roll down the windows and pop the trunk to let out that hot air first.

I came out to my garage to find the windows down once before, so I do get the concerns around accidentally doing this. A toggle or access to this from the app would be welcome though.

Agreed. I think they just chose poorly on the activation method. I wish they'd changed it instead of removing the feature entirely.

My last car had this mapped such that it was less likely to be triggered accidentally. You'd press the button three times in quick succession, and on the third you'd hold the button until the windows were as open as you'd like them. When you released the button, they'd stop.

You could even combine that with cgiGuy's suggestion of moving it to the trunk button.

I hope they re-enable the feature similar to that.

I haven't tried it recently, but yes, it used to. This caused all four windows to be rolled down when it's pouring rain on more than one occasion (and you can't roll them up from the fob either). If they've removed this functionality--good for them.

Lol! The things we Southern Californian's don't think about, hehehe

I would like it if the key did the opposite, so when I get out of the car I can just hold one button and the windows roll up. I've wished for that on more then one occasion

The all window roll down feature is indeed nice... until it happens accidentally in your pocket when near your car and you come back to find everything that was in your car stolen.

It would be best if they had a preference that could be set inside the car. Maybe they will add this. That way, to each his own on this topic. For me? The concern over it happening accidentally and getting weather in my car or possessions stolen out of it outweighs the convenience of rolling down the windows prior to reaching the car on a hot day with the car outside. I prefer not having this function.

If you have had the windows go down on you by accident, just think, you probably have accidentally unlocked the doors several times too. Honestly, because of these issues, I would prefer not to have a key fob at all. Or perhaps a hard to accidentally flip switch on the fob that allows me to turn it off. I would keep it off most of the time.

That said, I do hope it comes back with a feature to roll them all back up again. And to satisfy the haters, a toggle on the settings screen.

I don't have a problem with the windows rolling down. I do have a problem with the button being used to roll them down being easy to activate by accident. However, I would rather have a setting where they only rolled down just a bit for ventilation. Right now I have to do that manually with each window. It wouldn't be as necessary if Tesla hadn't taken away the 15% pano roof setting, which was perfect for ventilation.

Tesla should NEVER remove features. That's basically stealing from us. Didn't they learn their lesson with the air suspension? What if they went around ripping off the spoilers from cars without asking us? Would that be ok??? NO.

I use this a lot too. Last time I used it was a week or two ago it worked fine. That may have been 5.8 though.

I am going to try this when I get home. If it is really removed, I am going to send them another complaint.