Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fog Lights Gone?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

I know this discussion has been dormant for a while but I'm going to be taking my car in for its first annual service this month and was planning to ask for the fog lights that were in the tech package when I finalized but not when I received my car, as has been discussed here.

What is the best way to go about it? Should I email ownership first to bring to their attention I am owed the fog lights, or should I mention it to the SC when I make my service appointment and let them clear it with ownership, or... ?

Thanks sharing your experiences about getting fog lights as we were promised.

I just told the service center that I wanted them, and they did everything (including ordering the parts), so you should definitely call them ahead of time.

If you're P1491, your car came with the old fog lights, right? Did you have to pay for the retrofit?

P1,491 was my original sequence number (way back when we cared about such things). Since I waited for the MC Red my VIN is in the mid-8,000s. I'm one of those few who had it included in the tech package when I finalized my configuration but the old lights were discontinued by the time the car hit the line. No charge for the retrofit.

The Rockville SC has told me point blank that they aren't installing fog lights anymore in cars that didn't get them. I have the tech package and picked up the car in April 2013. I think I've asked them twice. Anyone else getting this answer?
If you ordered the tech package when it included fog lights and when you received your car it did not have fog lights you deserve to have them. E-mail ownership and request that they get retrofitted, then e-mail that to your service center.

P1,491 was my original sequence number (way back when we cared about such things). Since I waited for the MC Red my VIN is in the mid-8,000s. I'm one of those few who had it included in the tech package when I finalized my configuration but the old lights were discontinued by the time the car hit the line. No charge for the retrofit.

Same here. Seq number 5xxx, but delayed for MC red and then again when I added the 3rd row. VIN just over 10k. Car was delivered without fogs. When the new fogs came out they were installed n/c. There is a cutoff date- must have finalized before x with tech package and received your car without the fog lights. I don't remember the exact date, but for some reason Feb 17, 2013 comes to mind.

Last edited: