Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Footrest carpet problem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On my previous model 3 the Velcro like backing on the carpet was effective at holding the carpet over the footrest in position. On my model Y, the carpet sticks much less well and the carpet over the footrest tends to move under the brake pedal. Very annoying. Have others had this problem, and if so, has anyone found an effective solution? Driving carpet tacks into the floor doesn’t seem like a good solution!

Reactions: Craigm86
Thanks for all your replies. I have tried repositioning but without success so far. Since some have had some success with this, I will persist a little longer. I’ve considered the self adhesive Velcro option, but wondered whether it would be possible to successfully get Velcro to stick to the fitted flooring. It’s strange that it wasn’t a problem in the 3 even though the materials seem to be the same.

Thanks for all your replies. I have tried repositioning but without success so far. Since some have had some success with this, I will persist a little longer. I’ve considered the self adhesive Velcro option, but wondered whether it would be possible to successfully get Velcro to stick to the fitted flooring. It’s strange that it wasn’t a problem in the 3 even though the materials seem to be the same.
I had the same issue with my Model 3 - but it's not really an issue once you position the mat correctly. It was a bit annoying to have to reposition the mat when I took delivery of the MY though.

Just adjusting didn’t work for me until I pulled the whole thing out and put it back in again lined up correctly if that’s any help.

On my previous model 3 the Velcro like backing on the carpet was effective at holding the carpet over the footrest in position. On my model Y, the carpet sticks much less well and the carpet over the footrest tends to move under the brake pedal. Very annoying. Have others had this problem, and if so, has anyone found an effective solution? Driving carpet tacks into the floor doesn’t seem like a good solution!
In the UK, with all the rain, you may need some all-weather mats.

In the UK, with all the rain, you may need some all-weather mats.

In both the M3 and the Y, my carpets have been caked with mud and have got wet. They clean up well when vacuumed and even better with a wash! But nothing seems to make the MY driver’s mat stick in place as well as the M3 one did. I think something has changed - whether the carpet backing or the fixed floor matting or both I don’t know.

Well had the problem on the 3 but after enough adjustment it can stick in place, the Y seems to be doing the same now too!