Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For AWD owners wanting a P3D-

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Think about it... 65 pages ago, LR AWD cars were running in the mid 4's for 0-60, while the P was 3.2s... We all were offering to throw money (some proposing $5000, even) to get to 3.2s. Today, and "for free," our LR AWD's do 0-60 in 3.86s. I'm good. :D No need for a "for fee" upgrade. :p More likely than not we will see other efficiency improvements that result in more free incremental power increases. :DAgain, I'm good with the "for free" plan and withdraw my name for the "for fee" upgrade. YMMV :)

Reactions: M109Rider
Think about it... 65 pages ago, LR AWD cars were running in the mid 4's for 0-60, while the P was 3.2s... We all were offering to throw money (some proposing $5000, even) to get to 3.2s. Today, and "for free," our LR AWD's do 0-60 in 3.86s. I'm good. :D No need for a "for fee" upgrade. :p More likely than not we will see other efficiency improvements that result in more free incremental power increases. :DAgain, I'm good with the "for free" plan and withdraw my name for the "for fee" upgrade. YMMV :)

I just don't get it. Why does Tesla still advertise 0-60 as 4.4 sec for the LR AWD? It's been independently tested at 4 or lower. Why would Tesla give a number higher than the car really can do?

I just don't get it. Why does Tesla still advertise 0-60 as 4.4 sec for the LR AWD? It's been independently tested at 4 or lower. Why would Tesla give a number higher than the car really can do?
Same (actuals much better than published times) is true for all 3 models. Owners of all models have posted verified times, all much better than what's advertised, as have magazines, etc. Not sure why Tesla does what it does on this and many other matters.

Same (actuals much better than published times) is true for all 3 models. Owners of all models have posted verified times, all much better than what's advertised, as have magazines, etc. Not sure why Tesla does what it does on this and many other matters.

Perhaps it is to push the Performance models? At less than 4 seconds (0-60), the LR AWD looks pretty good. For a sedan?!

Reactions: MagnusMako

I have an idea why.
The second one of the same perpetually unhappy people on this forum somehow didn’t achieve the exact time listed, they would post a thread stating we need another class action lawsuit. ...
I don’t blame Tesla for understating. :)

I have an idea why.
The second one of the same perpetually unhappy people on this forum somehow didn’t achieve the exact time listed, they would post a thread stating we need another class action lawsuit. ...

Yes, if a big understatement - you would have problems with any car.

But Tesla doesn't seem to understate the other trims.

From 4.4 sec to below 4 sec is a big difference. 4.4 sec to the 3.2 sec on the Performance warrants someone shelling out several thousand or more dollars. If 4.0 sec to 3.2 seconds - then lots of people may not want to pay and stick with the LR AWD.

We’re they able to ship from another region to you?

I was told by my SA they wouldn’t and I am trying to see if the other region would ship it to me like other inventory. No luck yet.

i was discussing picking it up myself, the SA told me to ship it to WA from IL it would be at least 2k -- probably more .. and it would be a pita .. they were ok with me picking it up and driving it .

From 4.4 sec to below 4 sec is a big difference. 4.4 sec to the 3.2 sec on the Performance warrants someone shelling out several thousand or more dollars. If 4.0 sec to 3.2 seconds - then lots of people may not want to pay and stick with the LR AWD.
3.86s, actually (post with "verified" times).

is there a post or link to the 3.86 for an awd?
video preferable
The 3.86 is ONE dragy run and includes 1 ft rollout and is yet to be matched or replicated.

Otherwise everyone else is getting 4.2 / 4.0 w/ rollout for AWD on the dragy app.

You can download the dragy app and see the results without owning one.

Meanwhile all the P3Ds are getting 3.2 fully now and 3.03 w/ 1 foot rollout.

Reactions: MagnusMako and rlb4
3.86s, actually (post with "verified" times).

3.86 sec for the AWD or the Performance?

3.86 sec is more than enough speed.

is there a post or link to the 3.86 for an awd?
video preferable

The SINGLE 3.86 run is including the 1ft rollout as quoted by dragy.

The guys time w/o rollout is 4.08, a full 0.3s more. Somethings shady since all the other AWD owners are getting a 0.2s between the two measurements.

At any rate, the P3D is still a full 1 second faster 0-60.

Reactions: rlb4

Tesla dishonestly uses a different measurement for P vs non-P versions of the same car.

Every other car company measures ALL their models the same way. Tesla, not so much.

The listed time for the P (S, X, and 3) is with rollout. They don't use rollout for the measured times for any other trim of their vehicles.

Only rational explanation for this dishonesty is to push folks toward the higher-priced version of the vehicle.

Reactions: MagnusMako
I have an idea why.
On the ratings, I think it comes down to revenue, profits and business in general. Less people would pay a premium for a higher margin P+ if the true ratings for the P and AWD were posted using the same method of measurement. Capitalism at its finest. :eek: