Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For AWD owners wanting a P3D-

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
****. Don't do me like this, Elon. $2k should get you P3D acceleration. No way I'm paying that much for 3.9. I recorded 4.2s with dragging before the recent boost.

While I agree with the desire for more you have to look at it as gaining a half second in 0-60. Not just whatever you ran to 3.9. If I looked at it like that, having run a high 3.8, it would mean this upgrade would slow down my car. Obviously that is silly. :)

$2000 is in the source code and you can view it not even logged in when you go to M3 custom order page.

Link?

nevermind found it in source-

source on tesla.com/model3 order page said:
{\"action\":\"set\",\"target\":\"$DV2W\"}]},\"$FM3U\":{\"code\":\"$FM3U\",\"name\":\"Acceleration Boost\",\"price\":2000,\"pricing\":[{\"type\":\"base\",\"value\":2000,\"context\":\"default\"},{\"type\":\"upgrade\",\"value\":2000,\"context\":\"default\"}],\"long_name\":\"Acceleration Boost\",\"description\":\"Acceleration Boost\",\"user_defined_rules\":{\"set_rules\":

I don't believe that to be the case. It only shows up for them because they're able to see the upgrade page, which those with FSD can not as there is no upgrade currently available. I could be wrong but I have to assume the single motor cars are about maxed out at this point.

I've pointed here to the many owners of SR, MR, and LR RWD, having the same message in their upgrade page. Can someone with one of those cars check the source code to see if it's there for mistake?

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the 2019 Investors' Roundtable

$2000 is in the source code and you can view it not even logged in when you go to M3 custom order page.

Where? I'm an hour deep in the code and I don't see it.

When searching for ,000 this is all that shows up....

Screen Shot 2019-12-18 at 12.00.10 PM.png

$3,000 is the cost to upgrade to basic AP but maybe they're offering different levels of accel boost upgrades?

3.9 should be the time that includes the 1 foot rollout otherwise Tesla is going to piss people off by deceiving how much accel we're *actually* gaining. If I'm getting 3.4 without 1 foot rollout then I'd probably still buy this for $2k but I'd be a little bit disappointed (but still thankful). If they offered a higher priced tier that got me to full P3 accel, I'd easily opt for that. It's going to be interesting to see how they go about this. It seems Tesla is finally getting smart about upselling.

$3,000 is the cost to upgrade to basic AP but maybe they're offering different levels of accel boost upgrades?

3.9 should be the time that includes the 1 foot rollout otherwise Tesla is going to piss people off by deceiving how much accel we're *actually* gaining. If I'm getting 3.4 without 1 foot rollout then I'd probably still buy this for $2k but I'd be a little bit disappointed (but still thankful). If they offered a higher priced tier that got me to full P3 accel, I'd easily opt for that. It's going to be interesting to see how they go about this.

Not another one of you rollout drama queens.

More power increases acceleration from a roll too.

3.9 should be the time that includes the 1 foot rollout otherwise Tesla is going to piss people off by deceiving how much accel we're *actually* gaining. If I'm getting 3.4 without 1 foot rollout then I'd probably still buy this for $2k but I'd be a little bit disappointed (but still thankful). If they offered a higher priced tier that got me to full P3 accel, I'd easily opt for that. It's going to be interesting to see how they go about this.

Agreed.

Considering they're adding it to the new car design area I'm now thinking they're making that $2k stealth upgrade on menu and allowing us AWD owners to upgrade. I'm now in the camp that they'll say it's slower than the P, but it won't be. OR they'll slow down already sold stealth models which would cause a disaster. I'm hopeful for my first optimistic outcome. lol

Reactions: anon52695
Interesting. I see it there. Maybe they're making the stealth available on menu?
There are conditions there I think around this option in source but you would have to know all of the different codes to know what configuration this boost upgrade applies to. My guess is they are working on it and it should be available to Dual Motor cars soon (As an after delivery upgrade only) and technically it shouldn’t be in the source when not logged into an account.

Reactions: phantasms