Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For AWD owners wanting a P3D-

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nope. It was $9K to $11K more, as they adjusted the extra cost of the D above the RWD baseline between $4K and $6K, before the 5K refund. There was a period where the P was crazy amounts above the AWD, but that was cut before anything was actually sold and very few people had been able to put in an order. The P's price cut from something like $78K + software came at the same time that the P- become an option and the proper order system opened up for all things AWD.

All that pricing has become compressed now somewhat, too, as prices have fallen. $5K-$6K would be pretty reasonable for uncorking and Track Mode.

P.S. Maybe there'd be people that would buy one without the other. I might consider Track Mode without the curve adjustment, but there's not a lot of value I see in just the extra acceleration alone.
I feel the opposite, I use the acceleration every day, but have yet to use track mode.

I feel the opposite, I use the acceleration every day, but have yet to use track mode.
How much have you daily'd a D? It isn't like it sits around sluggishly. ;) As it is I only really get to utilize its acceleration when I'm alone or I have only passengers I have latitude to tell "suck it up and live with it" (my kids, not the wife).

Track Mode is something unique onto itself, thus my interest. I wouldn't use it particularly often, I'm guessing, but when I did there's really not much substitute for it. Where I'd really be able to utilize the acceleration anyway is exactly where the Track Mode really comes to the forefront.

Last edited:
Sigh... I’m sad about this $2K difference! lol oh well. Hopefully Elon can work some magic soon.

Attachments

• BEE4F31A-2D1C-4428-81E5-DDEB6DAE9287.jpeg
    BEE4F31A-2D1C-4428-81E5-DDEB6DAE9287.jpeg
    261.6 KB · Views: 90
  • Informative
Reactions: Big Earl
TI seriously doubt that existing owners will trade in for a new P3- so there's no hit on the potential 3 sales.

The overall difference was bigger I guess; I was far from the only one that "traded in" a perfectly fine 6 mos old RWD for a Performance the instant I could.. times were different then though I suppose, way back :) in 2018 even getting a RWD took time so selling a briefly used one was pretty easy..

Reactions: Glamisduner
How much have you daily'd a D? It isn't like it sits around sluggishly. ;) As it is I only really get to utilize its acceleration when I'm alone or I have only passengers I have latitude to tell "suck it up and live with it" (my kids, not the wife).

Track Mode is something unique onto itself, thus my interest. I wouldn't use it particularly often, I'm guessing, but when I did there's really not much substitute for it. Where I'd really be able to utilize the acceleration anyway is exactly where the Track Mode really comes to the forefront.

Refresh my memory, what does track mode due? Only available on the full (and not “-“) M3P version, due to hardware being involved?

Refresh my memory, what does track mode due? Only available on the full (and not “-“) M3P version, due to hardware being involved?

Nope. Available on both versions of Performance 3's built in 2018 (think old "-"/stealth).

it provides extra cooling for the batteries/drivetrain, increased regen braking, and disables much of the traction/stability control, making the car more RWD-biased for drifting through corners.

• Informative
Reactions: jebinc
I am trying to not be annoyed by this, but I am. I paid $51.9k for a LR AWD MSM/white with 18" aeros 6 weeks ago. Today I can buy that same trim with Performance capabilities for the same price. :rolleyes:
So you paid $61,500 which means after tax rebate it was $54,000
I paid $55,700 but with my tax rebate I paid $51,950.

I got 19" wheels but you got EAP while I only got AP.

And now my car after smaller rebate would be ball parky $2000 cheaper than what I paid.

There is definitely a cost for being an early adapter!

I will use your car as an example if I would have bought that. Lets take off the 19's off ($1,500) so the price is $54,200 and has AP where I paid $61,500 with EAP (Summon/auto park) That is a $7,300 upfront difference.

I got a $3,920 tax deduction where you got $3,750 so that is $170 in my favor.

I will own this car for five years so lets look at taxes and registration. The different in the $7,300 is $511 ($7,300 * .07) in taxes and $711.60 in vehicle registration. Total: $1,222.60

My Total: $61,500 - $3,920 + $1,222.60 = $58,802.60
Your Total: $54,200 - $3,750 + $0 = $50,450
Difference: $8,352.60

Reactions: Glamisduner
I will use your car as an example if I would have bought that. Lets take off the 19's off ($1,500) so the price is $54,200 and has AP where I paid $61,500 with EAP (Summon/auto park) That is a $7,300 upfront difference.

I got a $3,920 tax deduction where you got $3,750 so that is $170 in my favor.

I will own this car for five years so lets look at taxes and registration. The different in the $7,300 is $511 ($7,300 * .07) in taxes and $711.60 in vehicle registration. Total: $1,222.60

My Total: $61,500 - $3,920 + $1,222.60 = $58,802.60
Your Total: $54,200 - $3,750 + $0 = $50,450
Difference: $8,352.60

Holy crap. That is a lot. That's FSD + winter tire package and change.

Yes my use might be different, but when I looked at what it costs to actually track the car I decided I'd rather invest more money in off road stuff where I can do whatever I want.