Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For current owners who configured their Dual Motor AWD 3 order in Jun 2018

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ecarfan

If you are a current Tesla owner who configured a Model 3 Dual Motor AWD order in Jun 2018 (not the Performance option), please contribute what your Tesla account shows for the delivery timeframe, and then post when you take delivery of your car. I’m interested in knowing how long your wait was from configuration to delivery.

I configured Jun 30. My account shows “Delivery between Sep. '18 - Nov. '18”. I am hoping that as a current owner it doesn’t take that long.

Owner here, with a Reservation date of 12/28/2016. I have an order in for a Performance model.

As far as I can tell, all Performance models orders say Aug 18' - Oct '18, and all AWD orders say Sep '18 - Nov '18.... Period.
I don't think there is anything custom about it. How these actually get delivered is anyone's guess.

Extrapolating my position from the spreadsheet:
If they deliver by:
when the Reservation is placed... I'll be at the end of the line, at the 80%ish mark (lots of people ordered those first 2 days)
when the Order was placed.. I'll be in the first 15% delivered (as I know I was close to the first person who got their order in on the 26th.

So I also am hoping there is some sort of bump in priority for owners... they might prioritize Day 1 and Owners for delivery first, or a combination of reservation date / Owner status / date configured... but who knows.

Either way we are getting close.

If you are a current Tesla owner who configured a Model 3 Dual Motor AWD order in Jun 2018 (not the Performance option), please contribute what your Tesla account shows for the delivery timeframe, and then post when you take delivery of your car. I’m interested in knowing how long your wait was from configuration to delivery.

I configured Jun 30. My account shows “Delivery between Sep. '18 - Nov. '18”. I am hoping that as a current owner it doesn’t take that long.

I put mine in the sheet, that’s prob best place to look. 3-5 months

Wasn’t there a post from some time back stating that current owners/employees won’t be getting priority treat (as they were during the very early stages of production)? And that they would be moving solely to reservation time?

However, now I’m not even sure if reservation time matters...

We reserved our Model 3 on 2016/03/31 during the live "reveal" event, and several months later bought a pre-owned Model S from Tesla. The afternoon of 2018/06/27, we received Tesla's "Introducing New Model 3 Options" email, and we configured a non-performance Dual Motor Model 3 with EAP and FSD that night. ("Non-performance" is relative, as 0-60 in 4.5s still seems plenty quick!)

Our account also shows "Delivery between Sep. '18 and Nov. '18". I'm hoping that by us having acted on Tesla's invitation the same day, our delivery will be no later than September. We'll see.

Owner here, with a Reservation date of 12/28/2016. I have an order in for a Performance model.

As far as I can tell, all Performance models orders say Aug 18' - Oct '18, and all AWD orders say Sep '18 - Nov '18.... Period.
I don't think there is anything custom about it. How these actually get delivered is anyone's guess.

I'm a current owner. Just ordered performance Model 3 last night, and my delivery says Sept - Nov 18, not Aug - Oct. My reservation was Nov '16.

I'm a current owner. Just ordered performance Model 3 last night, and my delivery says Sept - Nov 18, not Aug - Oct. My reservation was Nov '16.
Interesting! This suggests that Tesla has received roughly enough "performance" orders for at least a month or so worth of production (20k orders). If Tesla receives many more performance orders, that should push back the timeframe for non-performance orders like mine. As a TSLA shareholder, however, I'll be happy to see what this does for Tesla's bottom line!

Interesting! This suggests that Tesla has received roughly enough "performance" orders for at least a month or so worth of production (20k orders). If Tesla receives many more performance orders, that should push back the timeframe for non-performance orders like mine. As a TSLA shareholder, however, I'll be happy to see what this does for Tesla's bottom line!
Configured a fully-loaded, white, AWD (non-P) on June 27th. Sep-Nov ‘18 projected delivery. Original reservation: March ‘17.

I had 1K reservation pre-reveal. Not currently a Tesla owner (but I have Solar City panels!). MD resident.

I've been reserved for the AWD option.

Got my email to configure the car on May 31, 2018. I configured and ordered that day.

At first the website indicated that I'd get the car in '12-16' weeks (Aug to Sept). Now it just says 'We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date'. No VIN assigned yet. Config below. I sure hope it really is in 12-16 weeks! Planning to use the car to go to Vermont in October!
Your Model 3 build details
  • Model 3 Long Range Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
  • Pearl White Paint
  • 18’’ Aero Wheels
  • Premium Interior
  • Premium Black
  • Enhanced Autopilot

Hmmm this seems to suggest that confirmation date will be a factor in delivery time. Good news for me; but we should keep in touch to see who gets a delivery date first. What state are you in?

I had 1K reservation pre-reveal. Not currently a Tesla owner (but I have Solar City panels!). MD resident.

I've been reserved for the AWD option.

Got my email to configure the car on May 31, 2018. I configured and ordered that day.

At first the website indicated that I'd get the car in '12-16' weeks (Aug to Sept). Now it just says 'We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date'. No VIN assigned yet. Config below. I sure hope it really is in 12-16 weeks! Planning to use the car to go to Vermont in October!
Your Model 3 build details
  • Model 3 Long Range Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
  • Pearl White Paint
  • 18’’ Aero Wheels
  • Premium Interior
  • Premium Black
  • Enhanced Autopilot

On the same boat. Md, Non owner, Tesla solar, but ordered may 26. Original aug-sep estimate after ordering but no estimate no the page now.

Same dates, configured 6/27.

For the time being I'm not placing any faith in those dates. I think they're just placeholders, because P/D manufacturing is still ramping up. Hopefully we'll learn more as the early P configs get their delivery dates.

Reactions: KJD