Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For non-inventory Model X Plaid orders placed in September 2023, what is your estimated delivery date range?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my fifth EDD today. I wonder if this is automated or if someone’s having fun somewhere.

Order date: 09/02 - Los Angeles
MXP white/cream/20/yoke
FSD transfer
EDD 1: Oct to Nov
EDD 2 (10/02): 10/02 - 10/23
EDD 3 (10/03): 10/03 - 10/23
EDD 4 (10/04): 10/04 - 10/23
EDD 5 (10/05): 10/05 - 10/23
Surprised you don't have a VIN yet. My window just tightened up from what yours was to 10/5-10/14 now.

I think folks are over-indexing on the 2024 VIN way way too much. In the grand scheme of things its going to make such a small difference...

Agree here. I have sold several Teslas over the years and the actual model year has had no bearing on resale. Tesla does not operate like most car manufacturers.

I personally think it still makes a difference, even if it wasn't a major difference. While it might not make a difference to the savvy Tesla buyer who researches specific changes during each model year, but the Average Joe would prefer a 2024 model over a 2023 regardless with the same number of miles on both. I doubt they check specific month build dates either. A 2024 model year should fetch more money than a 2023 model year in a private sale.

Even checking reddit, there are people asking about used Model X's and they don't even provide the correct information at times, including build date.

With all the talk about 2023 vs 2024, I was just curious approximately how much it would make a difference in resell when estimating value through something like KBB/Edmunds for the exact same Tesla MX P100D 2018 vs 2019

KBB value 2018 v 2019.jpg

Ah, I didn't account for that change. Great point. I'm sure this will make a lot us feel better; including myself. lol

Indeed - now, of course who knows if a "Raven-like" change is coming next year, but its unlikely anything that large would roll out in time for 2024 VINs issued this year to see it.

Even so, don't worry too much about 2023 vs. 2024, it will all be okay.

I personally do not put a lot of faith in KBB for Tesla. Tesla pricing fluctuates so much and they don’t follow the typical model year updates like other companies. They make incremental updates all the time, so much so that even the same production years can have massive differences.

With that said, most people buying a Tesla are familiar with how Tesla operates, and IMO track the actual platform / feature changes more closely than the model year itself.

I’m sure this can be argued both ways, but Tesla used car pricing is just as unpredictable as their new car pricing.

I agree. I only did the KBB/Edmunds comparison as how an Average Joe might look at it. I agree that when buying new, most buyers will follow Tesla feature production more closely. But once you get to the resell market and lower price points, you get more of the Average Joe who probably aren’t Tesla connoisseur 😀

Reactions: sarugby4life