Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For Octopus customers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reposting without the website link.

I've switched over today to the gas tracker, it should save me quite a bit each month if the prices stay where they are! Thanks for bringing this up.

Something for those with an iOS device. I found some info on a website that shows you how to add a widget to your shortcuts and automate them so that each day you can wake up to an alert showing the daily price. There's a widget for gas and electricity.

This is an icloud link to the widgets (these were not created by me), you need to open them on your iOS device to add them.

Electricity - Shortcuts
Gas - Shortcuts

Once downloaded you need to edit the widget to change your region, you can do this by replacing the letter that appears before daily/current/1/1.

For example, Eastern England would be ….A/daily/current/1/1.

A – Eastern England
B – East Midlands
C – London
D – Merseyside and Northern Wales
E – West Midlands
F – North Eastern England
G – North Western England
H – Southern England
J – South Eastern England
K – Southern Wales
L – South Western England
M – Yorkshire
N – Southern Scotland
P – Northern Scotland

and then from shortcuts you can create an automation that will send you a push notification, I've got mine running daily.

If you want the step-by-step guide, message me and I will send the link

how do you do this? Is it simple?
Quite, just open shortcuts, edit it and just add an If condition to engulf the notification action.

1675961611295.png

So on most days, the shortcut won't return anything. If you see multiple notifications appearing several days in a row, that'll be your cue to reassess and quickly switch back to Variable again!

Quite, just open shortcuts, edit it and just add an If condition to engulf the notification action.

View attachment 905063

So on most days, the shortcut won't return anything. If you see multiple notifications appearing several days in a row, that'll be your cue to reassess and quickly switch back to Variable again!
I'm being stupid here but I can't seem to get "is greater than or equal to". Just has other criteria from the drop down?

Sorry you're talking to an idiot here lol

Thanks, Matt, there's a lot of info as I think it is really important people understand what the tariff is all about. I watch the prices every day and have done for a very long time but I know that isn't most people's preference. They have a life lol

I've got one guy on Twitter who follows me who has linked the shortcut to his home assist. If prices go above X then his Tado smart valves will turn off. You can keep widening what it can do but to be honest lots of people are new to it so just a quick this is how you get it to ping up on your iPhone home
screen every day is enough. Makes me worry less about people not monitoring the prices.

Octo-aid (iOS only currently) will provide the next day tracker rates by about mid-afternoon. It’ll also do a push notification but as it’s all done on-device the notifications are a bit random but I tend to get them each evening.

To be fair it isnt really going to be people who are active on forums that may get into a mess. I think that's why the likes of Martin Lewis aren't shouting about it. I have been recommending it to friends and neighbours since last summer so they can pay less than the EPG. My elderly neighbour has been on it since last summer but they cap then was much lower.

Status
Not open for further replies.