Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For recent buyers in CA applied to CVRP rebate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes.
Have you been checking your emails and checking the web portal to see the status?

Yes. Emails received 4/5 and 4/25. None since but the wait time keeps getting longer. Looks like they update on Tuesdays so will check 6/23 to see if it has been extended from 133 days.
If they don’t require income verification then you are 7 calendar weeks. With income verification is 19 weeks.

Yes.

Yes. Emails received 4/5 and 4/25. None since but the wait time keeps getting longer. Looks like they update on Tuesdays so will check 6/23 to see if it has been extended from 133 days.
If they don’t require income verification then you are 7 calendar weeks. With income verification is 19 weeks.

Very interesting. I applied on early March and got approved on late April, but that's without income verification. Not sure if there's delays with the IRS in your case, given the current situation today. Doesn't hurt to contact them.

Is the Rebate $2,000 for the Model Y or does it vary with income?

If your income is <$150k a year, then you get the rebate and the HOV sticker. If you make above that, only the sticker.

And it's $2000 for any EV, unless you qualify for the increase rebate (extra $2500 on top), which is up to 300% of federal poverty level of household income depending on number of people of household.

Source: Income Eligibility

Weird, I filed for the CVRP rebate, but I have a Model Y PUP, which is like $67,000. But it allowed me to pick the car and trim and everything.

I haven't gotten it yet (just applied in June) so I'm guessing it'll most likely be declined due to the $60,000 limit?

If government were simple, we would have laws passed much faster, things processed faster, everything will be done faster and more transparent. The reality however, no where close as it is.

I totally agree. However, if there was a time window listed at time of application, they should stick with that. If it is constantly changing then what is the point of posting a timeframe? The changing timeframe should only apply to applications posted at that time, not for prior applications that are still pending. Or it should just say the date applications were submitted that are currently receiving their checks. Then I could see that they are still backlogged on income verification ones. Telling me originally that it would be X amount of time and it’s now been much longer doesn’t help to ease frustration.

For instance, right now it says if you submitted on 7/6, you could expect your rebate on 11/22. However, it will likely be much later than that as the income verification timeline keeps being extended. At the current ever age rate of 2-3 extra days per week, 20 x 2 is 40 extra days. 11/22/20 becomes 1/21/21. The buyer starts going crazy around thanksgiving wondering where their check is. If it got lost in the mail, etc.

Weird, I filed for the CVRP rebate, but I have a Model Y PUP, which is like $67,000. But it allowed me to pick the car and trim and everything.

I haven't gotten it yet (just applied in June) so I'm guessing it'll most likely be declined due to the $60,000 limit?
The Model Y is an approved vehicle. The rule is that a vehicle model must have a base MSRP of $60,000 or less. Therefore, all Model 3 and Model Y vehicles are eligible but no new Model S or Model X vehicles are eligible.

Reactions: noshadow