Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For the unlucky ones with a fixed spoiler

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am so lucky.

How is the build quality? You got lucky!!!!! I wish mine was active but currently I have a rattle noise evident from the trunk area when driving above 70 MPH perhaps I can get them to replace my rear hatch with an active spoiler one, if not I will just take @ohmman's spoiler as initially planned.

But I should re-priortize the sunshade is more important.

How is the build quality? You got lucky!!!!! I wish mine was active but currently I have a rattle noise evident from the trunk area when driving above 70 MPH perhaps I can get them to replace my rear hatch with an active spoiler one, if not I will just take @ohmman's spoiler as initially planned.

But I should re-priortize the sunshade is more important.
I would say build quality is perfect but many here are extremely particular and might find fault with their microscopic eyes.
I just can't believe the driving experience. This is my first video game. Why would I ever want to ride in another type of car.

I would say build quality is perfect but many here are extremely particular and might find fault with their microscopic eyes.
I just can't believe the driving experience. This is my first video game. Why would I ever want to ride in another type of car.

Active Spoiler + Flawless Build = Consider yourself super lucky!! Congrats!!

Too late. Already been applied successfully by more progressive automakers.;)

36711dac9ed7fd806d69c0daabacc93c.jpg
I'm imagining an EV conversion for this someday, you could fit a 200KW battery under that hood!

• Funny
Reactions: goneskiian
I'm hearing a rattling sound coming from my 3rd row seats. I can't pinpoint it but it sounds like it's coming from my fixed spoiler? Anybody had rattling coming from the trunk area before? Did you have the fixed spoiler and was that where I was coming from.

I'm hearing a rattling sound coming from my 3rd row seats. I can't pinpoint it but it sounds like it's coming from my fixed spoiler? Anybody had rattling coming from the trunk area before? Did you have the fixed spoiler and was that where I was coming from.
Double check that the seat backs are actually locked if they are down. When I first had my new seats put in I had a rattle in the back after the service and found out the seat backs had not really latched. Personally I found the older seats much better but ...

A 90D with that VIN was most likely first delivered in Q1 2016 on the west coast so I would say yes chances are high that it is an active spoiler.

Thank you! I hope so too. My DS sent me pictures, but I can't tell. It is in the "up" position while parked, but I know active ones go down when car is locked (it wasn't when he took pictures). I guess I will know Monday.

Yup. Highly likely. My vin is 6505 and I just missed it by a week or so.

On this topic (sort of), I saw a 90D in Squamish BC this past weekend with red duct tape over where the spoiler attachments should have been. If I'd noticed before she was driving away I would have asked about it. I hope it wasn't a car wash casualty and was simply waiting for parts for a repair at the service center! :eek::p;)