Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For those new buyers who were in the 7-day window to switch their MS 60D --> 75D this week...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
my OA just confirmed that my car WON'T have the auto lift gate but it will have the glass roof for free bc they runs out the body roof when my car will be build in mid June. because they ended up not charging me the $500 change fee, they did not changed my color when they change the 60 to 75. I guess it's a compromise

I'm going to be very upset if mine doesn't have the power lift gate as I was in the 7 day window and could have easily cancelled and placed a new order and guaranteed the lift gate but my rep said it wasn't necessary.

Reactions: plasmo
my OA just confirmed that my car WON'T have the auto lift gate but it will have the glass roof for free bc they runs out the body roof when my car will be build in mid June. because they ended up not charging me the $500 change fee, they did not changed my color when they change the 60 to 75. I guess it's a compromise

My DS confirmed that we would be getting the power liftgate. Were you still in your 7 day window when the price change hit, or had your order already been confirmed?

My OA informed me I won't be getting the power liftgate. I'm pretty upset about this because I was within the 7 day window when the price range hit and I was told I would be getting it. I had called to cancel the order and do a new 75 build to ensure I would get the correct features and price but they talked me out of it.

• Informative
Reactions: croman
I agree, they should be giving this since u were able to cancel. I was beyond the 7 days, but on April 17 they told me I would be getting the auto liftgate also but now they said no , at least they didn't charged me the change fee. It's frustrating since my delivery is end of June to mid July, I can't imagine they have procured all the materials in mid April

I just got a call today saying my Tesla will be ready for delivery next week. wow, that was fast... a little more than 30 days from order to delivery.
I know i'm getting power lift gate since I got PUP anyways...

Last edited:
FWIW, my car is ready for pickup (I'm picking it up on Friday). My DS went and checked the car and nope. No power liftgate.

Placed the order in March but production began late April well after the announcement of the power lift gate being standard.

I'm okay with it. I knew what I was getting when I placed the order. Hoped to luck out but my OA made it clear that I'm not guaranteed to get it.

I've already collected the part numbers for the OEM retrofit and plan on pursuing that as a project when I have some time.

I'm also picking up next Thursday. I'm concerned that some people that were told during the cancelation window that they would be getting the liftgate apparently aren't getting it.

I was originally planning on the PUP just for the liftgate, and opted out once it was removed from the package and DS/OA confirmed i'd be getting it with the new pricebook.

Would be really strange if it wasn't included since they made clear to me that by switching pricebooks we lost the ability to choose SAS. For those of you that were in the window, and that were promised the power liftgate... pleas keep us updated as you take delivery!

Heard back today from my rep and she said they looked into it and my vehicle coming next week will not have the power lift gate included. Needless to say I'm disappointed.

She did give me the option to have a new vehicle built with the power lift gate included. Same price, but I'd obviously have to wait a few more weeks for it to be built. Or I could keep the existing vehicle without it. I'm going to see if they'd offer me anything to keep the non-PLG build just so I know what my options are.

For those in the same situation, I'd advise you to try and get a similar definite answer about your specific vehicle before you go to pick it up.

It looks like I'm in the same boat as everyone else regarding the PLG after all.

We are playing wait and see before examining our options (in case the PLG was included without documenting it) but I'm not optimistic.

I can definitely understand how these miscommunications occurred (we're kind of a weird edge case after all). I'm encouraged to see Tesla is trying to do right by most of you!

Not going to lie though- I am pretty bummed right now! The power lift gate was sort of a "'must have" option for us- we didnt remove the PUP until it was made clear that we were getting the lift gate.

If anyone from the 7 day window/without pup receives their car please update about the liftgate!

I was offered the first year maintenance service for free to take the car without the PLG but the PLG is worth much more to me so they are building another vehicle. In the unlikely scenario that my original vehicle has the PLG when it's delivered then I can go back to that one but I didn't want to add another week to the delay so the new one is already in the system.

As someone who has a power lift gate as part of the PUP, its nice but not critical. YMMV. Its nice with groceries to be able to use the fob or one finger to press a button but the trunk otherwise pops up and is fairly easy to close (I tested it).

Tesla really will continue to do poorly in customer service and communication because they are still getting plenty of orders while still treating customers poorly. Its unfortunate. At least you guys saved a boatload as compared to people who bought when I did and your AP likely won't try to kill you once every mile. I was there from when AP first rolled out and, hot damn, I've never felt more like Evil Kinevil.

You'll love your car when you get it, no matter the options. These cars are amazing. The Company is complicated. I really think my service center, Highland Park, is outstanding. There is nothing that I can (reasonably) complain about. So it likely is good times from the moment you actually start driving your car away (assuming there isn't something horribly wrong with your car -- be as vigilant as possible during your walk-through/inspection).

my purchase agreement (MVPA)reflects the -$6500 discount with the glass roof ; however you bring up a good point ....since the auto liftgate is not a line item in the MVPA...however it is all over the Tesla website so it should be included for anyone who received the new pricebook

So worst case if auto lift gate is not installed on your MS 75 ... can it be installed at service center or was assembly line installation required?

since we were in the limbo week ... i could certainly see the possibility of a mix up on the assembly line ... I dont think the OA or DS can really answer for sure until the vehicle reached your SC.

Apparently we were not upgraded to the new price book- they just gave us a discount (this is what DS was told from big tesla). This isn't how I was told it was going to work, but the word Ive been given is that DS was told specifically that the PLG was not installed.

It's my understanding that theu only do power liftgate installation at the plant

• Informative
Reactions: Zero CO2