Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Forbes' Hannah Elliott goes on Model S test ride

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very short clip here, but evidently she's going to post a longer piece in a bit:

Forbes: "Elon Musk Rocks To Adele In The Tesla Model S"

Stay tuned for a thorough piece about the new car and Musk’s plans for his Los Angeles-based company. In the meantime watch the video for some footage from the drive and a look at the (optional) panoramic sunroof inside–it’s the largest I’ve seen in a sedan. (The guy in the back seat is a mechanic).

Nice shot of the glass roof. I always liked cars with Targa tops so you can look straight up at the stars on clear nights. With a roof like that you wont need to bother with taking the top off. Just slide your finger down the screen.

I wonder if the guy in the back seat prefers to be called a technician rather than a mechanic.

I wonder if the guy in the back seat prefers to be called a technician rather than a mechanic.

He was one of the drivers on the Oct 2nd Fremont factory event.

Photos from Sunday, October 2, 2011 (Model S event)
attachment.php?attachmentid=3087.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know why Elon has the music turned up full volume whenever he's driving someone in the car. He should have the windows up and the music turned off so they can appreciate the unique silence of the ride.

Yeah I agree, one of the coolest videos I've seen was of a single press guy being test driven on a track at what I presume was the Oct 1 event. The thing took off like a bullet train, nearly silent.

Not as long an article as I'd hoped she was going to write.

competitors will also include the similar-looking $200,000 Aston Martin Rapide and $128,000 Maserati Quattroporte.

With a 300-mile-range lithium ion battery and a claimed 0-60 mph time of 4.5 seconds, the Model S will beat them both on the road.

“From a performance standpoint we did consciously intend to beat them,” Musk says. “This is intended to be the best performance sedan out there.”

Musk: “There must be no flaws Tesla can detect of any kind once the car leaves the factory because customers are going to judge us particularly by the early quality,” he says. “Every car must be perfect.”