Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ford Focus EV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Focus actually is fairly aerodynamic: 0.295 cd. It also has active shutters to close off the grille at highway speeds. The Leaf's cd is 0.29. It's good but not "super-aerodynamic" (plenty of other hatches also have the same cd).

Seems like the odd headlights were a wasted effort -- though I vaguely remember there being something about the headlights were more to push air around the side mirrors and reduce drag and wind noise?

That picture above looks a lot like what I imagine GenIII would look like. That front grill opening looks really familiar, and that almost-coupe slope down to a hatchback. IMO, Ford's done a very nice job with the design of the Focus EV.

IMO Ford has been kicking a$$ all over, beginning with the Edge and then the redesigns trickling down to the other models. My favorite of The Big 3 by far

Seems like the odd headlights were a wasted effort -- though I vaguely remember there being something about the headlights were more to push air around the side mirrors and reduce drag and wind noise?...
Specifically they said to reduce wind noise. It seems that 'quiet cabin' was a primary design goal even if it meant a hit to the styling, aerodynamics and range.

BTW, every time I see it I can't help thinking this:

Focus EV.jpg

Ummm....that was my point. I (badly) photoshopped the Focus to replace the ford logo with the Tesla one. Change the grill to a black nose and it looks just like a Tesla (3G?)

P.S. The world loves to be deceived.

And that was my point. Same same.

And that was my point. Except Tesla would put more juice under the floorboards!

Same. Same. Same.

:smile:

We were talking specifically about Cargo Space.

Well after seeing both the leaf and focus ev in person. I have to say:

1)Cargo room is roughly the same between the Ford Focus and the Leaf (with the rear seats up). Yes even with the Focus' battery pack in the rear, it's the same (it might actually be a bit larger in the focus). The focus has a far deeper cargo area (look at a profile view of the focus, the rear behind the rear wheels is substantial). The Leaf's rear is thin(short in depth). With the seats up, the Focus still has plenty of room for luggage after the battery (and a bit of room on top)

2) The cargo area with the seats down is far more useful in the leaf thanks to the near flat loading area. Large objects won't fit in a focus.