Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ford Mach-e

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I imagine that everytime someone complains about the Mustang branding, a Ford marketing executive laughs and lights another cigar with a $100 bill.

At first I thought it was an odd choice for a name, but now I think the naming and styling are utterly brilliant moves on Ford's part. Otherwise, it'd be just another Bolt or Leaf, or whatever else that no one really thinks about. In it's first year it's the best selling non-Tesla EV, and Ford is scrambling to make as many this year as possible.

Reactions: gavine
In the usa, because the bolt caught fire. And the USA is a terrible place for EV sales. And still they didnt make that many...
All true, but Ford still did well relative to all US EV sales. They sold as many in the first year as Bolt's best year.

It's a very good start for a completely new car, and I definitely think the name and styling gave it a boost that it otherwise wouldn't have gotten. Getting people to talk about your new EV is a major hurdle, and one that kept the Bolt and Leaf from becoming bigger names.

I can definitely see them dropping the Mustang a few years from now when the Mach E brand becomes established.

All true, but Ford still did well relative to all US EV sales. They sold as many in the first year as Bolt's best year.

It's a very good start for a completely new car, and I definitely think the name and styling gave it a boost that it otherwise wouldn't have gotten. Getting people to talk about your new EV is a major hurdle, and one that kept the Bolt and Leaf from becoming bigger names.

I can definitely see them dropping the Mustang a few years from now when the Mach E brand becomes established.
The styling is awful...if it just looked a little more like a 70’s pony car...I think many people would have chosen it over technologically superior (or cheaper) brands

Looks like a couple of people don’t agree with my opinion of how the new Mustang looks (a bit like a Ford Kuga). So.... I have an idea...just by sheer coincidence Bullit is on TV right now...I’ll compare McQueen’s Mustang to the Mach-E....by the end of the movie I will let everyone know if the Mach-E is worthy enough to be a Mustang

Ordinarily I would agree..but once you tap into a legacy in order to con the public, I think we are entitled to an opinion
Lighten up, Francis. Should Ford have made it more like one of these . . . Mustangs?

371EEF5C-53E9-4DCB-B901-45CFF13017FA.jpeg
F693C70F-F96A-4221-8150-914A0DB1859B.jpeg
8C313F30-DE87-455F-949A-3282CA8108C5.jpeg
CAB88797-7CB9-46E6-88EB-380499ADFF56.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: gavine and Bouba
Ok - I had to look up what a Kuga is. That’s a Ford Escape in the US.
I actually thought they should have made the Escape their first crossover EV. But - Ford enthusiasts buy Mustangs, not Escapes. I also thought Chevy should have built an electric Blazer fist . . .

Escape -
475563EE-4572-4ECA-87C7-0F0AEE4EEDBB.jpeg

Chevy Blazer

E993289F-90CF-4C0D-B704-85637902DF4A.jpeg

Reactions: gavine