Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ford Mach-e

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a friend who loves Tesla but he's going to get a Mach-E solely because Consumer Reports gave a negative review of some sort for Tesla. I tried to explain to him that CR is biased, but he's convinced that they are legit and that he won't by a Tesla because of it. Amazing.
Perhaps he just wants to tell his friends that he drives a Mustang

• Funny
Reactions: BMWM3Man
I went and drove a Mach-E this weekend. I actually spent part of the day driving (again) the Ioniq 5, the Vovl0 XC40 Recharge, and the Mach-E. I was looking to drive the Polestar but didn't want to drive to the San Fran bay area to the nearest dealer.

I actually went to my local Ford dealership to see what all the hype over the new full-size Bronco was. They have one (soft top) that is not for sale - they keep it just for demos and then you can order (12-18 month wait!).

Anyway - they had a Mach-E and, after I drove the Bronco - the salesman handed me the Mach-E keys and let my wife and I take it for a ride. I actually liked the styling and interior of the car. Not as much as the Ioniq 5, but I think more than the M3 or MY. Just personal preference. I thought the UI was pretty good - and I still prefer the dash cluster over the no-cluster look of Tesla (I'll put good money down that says Tesla eventually brings back the cluster on all models).

What i didn't like about it was the responsiveness of the throttle. It was okay from a stop - but, on the freeway, when you jump on it, the car accelerated much slower that I would expect from an EV (and compared to every EV I've driven). With the Ioniq 5 and the EV 6 now out - the Mach-E is off the list for my next EV - at least for now . . .

• Informative
Reactions: sckor
I have a friend who loves Tesla but he's going to get a Mach-E solely because Consumer Reports gave a negative review of some sort for Tesla. I tried to explain to him that CR is biased, but he's convinced that they are legit and that he won't by a Tesla because of it. Amazing.
@gavine CR is mostly legit and often useful, but they have their priorities and agendas of course. Hopefully your friend considered whether CR's priorities match his own!

I was looking to drive the Polestar but didn't want to drive to the San Fran bay area to the nearest dealer.
@Doc Brown How far are you from that dealer / showroom? I think Polestar usually brings the car to you for a test drive. But I don't know how far they're willing to go for that.

@gavine CR is mostly legit and often useful, but they have their priorities and agendas of course. Hopefully your friend considered whether CR's priorities match his own!

I'm not sure how you can trust anything they publish given we know they are way off target with tesla/cars.

Theres an assumption with media that they are mostly correct until they get to an area you have expertise in and then their flaws are revealed...

Reactions: john5520 and mspohr
I'm not sure how you can trust anything they publish given we know they are way off target with tesla/cars.

Theres an assumption with media that they are mostly correct until they get to an area you have expertise in and then their flaws are revealed...
That last sentence of yours is so very true. I consider CR product testing and reliability surveys to be more useful than no data though. Btw I wasn't focused on cars in my CR comment. I don't really go to CR for car reviews, though I do keenly remember when they gave a glowing review for the original Model S!

I went and drove a Mach-E this weekend. I actually spent part of the day driving (again) the Ioniq 5, the Vovl0 XC40 Recharge, and the Mach-E. I was looking to drive the Polestar but didn't want to drive to the San Fran bay area to the nearest dealer.

I actually went to my local Ford dealership to see what all the hype over the new full-size Bronco was. They have one (soft top) that is not for sale - they keep it just for demos and then you can order (12-18 month wait!).

Anyway - they had a Mach-E and, after I drove the Bronco - the salesman handed me the Mach-E keys and let my wife and I take it for a ride. I actually liked the styling and interior of the car. Not as much as the Ioniq 5, but I think more than the M3 or MY. Just personal preference. I thought the UI was pretty good - and I still prefer the dash cluster over the no-cluster look of Tesla (I'll put good money down that says Tesla eventually brings back the cluster on all models).

What i didn't like about it was the responsiveness of the throttle. It was okay from a stop - but, on the freeway, when you jump on it, the car accelerated much slower that I would expect from an EV (and compared to every EV I've driven). With the Ioniq 5 and the EV 6 now out - the Mach-E is off the list for my next EV - at least for now . . .
My wife wanted a a bronco. We ordered one and the salesman said 12+ weeks. Which I guess is technically true but your response is more what I feared it would be.. ☹️

My wife wanted a a bronco. We ordered one and the salesman said 12+ weeks. Which I guess is technically true but your response is more what I feared it would be.. ☹️
I will say that I was underwhelmed by the ride. Now - we drove a soft top - and it was really noisy. One of my cars is a loaded newer F150 and I was thinking there would be a more "luxury" version of the Bronco with the bells and whistles of the 502A package. No such luck - they are all really geared toward off-road users. They don't even offer ventilated / cooled seats in any version. At least that's the line I got from the folks at the dealership. I guess you might get one in 12 weeks. This guy might have said 12 months to have me be thrilled when it arrived in 4?

Ford has fields full of f150s and bronco's all without chips.
I think every (most) manufacturer does. When I was looking around this weekend - I was amazed at how few new cars are on the lots. Toyota dealer didn't have a single new truck on the lot (Tundra or Tacoma). Most lots has used cars but few to no new cars. Crazy.

I will say that I was underwhelmed by the ride. Now - we drove a soft top - and it was really noisy. One of my cars is a loaded newer F150 and I was thinking there would be a more "luxury" version of the Bronco with the bells and whistles of the 502A package. No such luck - they are all really geared toward off-road users. They don't even offer ventilated / cooled seats in any version. At least that's the line I got from the folks at the dealership. I guess you might get one in 12 weeks. This guy might have said 12 months to have me be thrilled when it arrived in 4?
We went for the hard top.. which may make it take even longer. But she wanted a manual transmission anyways so that pushes us to cloth seats. The MY will be the road trip vehicle if we ever receive the bronco.

Reactions: Zer0t and Doc Brown