Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Found a LOT of Model 3's in a Tesla lot - Pictures inside

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla also said the current battery lines is able to output 2500 and the additional fully automated line can do another 2500.
1) That's their estimate of the eventual maximum. There's no evidence that I know of they've yet hit even 1/2 of that number on the first line. Otherwise production wouldn't have been in a battery pack limited state.
2) If you could run the first one at it's current best rate while installing the other. Thus my prior comment about it not being surprising if they'd have to put the existing production capability into at least partial turn-around while installing the new stuff.

This wouldn't be surprising, moving things around in and out of the factory and working on electrical services and such, taking bodies away from the other line to work on getting the new one up, focusing managing time, this all would likely impact production speed.

Reactions: RTPEV
Tesla also said the current battery lines is able to output 2500 and the additional fully automated line can do another 2500.
I believe they actually said that existing lines will scale up to 2.5k/week (current output unknown). The new automated line will be assembled in March and after tuning will only begin to produce in Q2. Therefore, the numbers thru end of March will not be higher than 2.5k, most likely much lower until the EOQ.

Reactions: Matias
I believe they actually said that existing lines will scale up to 2.5k/week (current output unknown). The new automated line will be assembled in March and after tuning will only begin to produce in Q2. Therefore, the numbers thru end of March will not be higher than 2.5k, most likely much lower until the EOQ.

Isn't that what I pretty much said minus some more detail from you? :p

4103D947-5CBE-4E33-B2D9-2ABF71FBAEA2.jpeg
0F8180C8-D2D9-4C92-B172-AB1FA16552DD.jpeg
4B182F38-C0DE-4C8A-A852-3FAC88170BDD.jpeg
29C2436F-590D-4227-BB92-F16AF6A27CB6.jpeg
5FB77AB9-70F1-4CB8-B3E5-F687D6F27AED.jpeg
3/1/18 around 8am - some more cars added but looks like more MS/X

They remove the rail loading facility from the factory over to Richmond? It’s a couple miles away, there was a discussion in a thread with some drone footage. It might be in this one at the front or one of the flyover threads

Yes, rail loading is current happening in Richmond. A few pages back in this thread, I posted some satellite and street view images of Tesla’s relatively small operation there.

• Informative
Reactions: ℬête Noire
Without 24/7 surveillance it's hard to know if volume is not where it should be, or if transport has caught up to production. Likely, the reality is someplace in the middle.
When volume hits to where it should be, you would see the lot pretty full and lots of transporters moving the cars out. From an inside Tesla source, they are still setting up the Grohmann line for the batteries so that is still the bottleneck.

• Informative
Reactions: tracksyde
i was told by my inside sales advisor that my car was coming east by train. Does anyone know were they would stage the cars?

I think I can help with that. There is a staging area in Birmingham, AL that sits right next to a large train switching area .I was driving from Atlanta back to Birmingham yesterday and passed two car haulers loaded with Telsa's heading east towards Atlanta. I decided to stop by the staging area just to see how many Tesla's were there. The answer: a lot. I did not count them, but would guess around 200. That's not counting the 3 haulers that were fully loaded ready to leave.

Attachments

• IMG_20180307_164724624_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20180307_164724624_HDR.jpg
    517.1 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_20180307_164926643.jpg
    IMG_20180307_164926643.jpg
    339.9 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_20180307_164701059_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20180307_164701059_HDR.jpg
    554.2 KB · Views: 70
I think I can help with that. There is a staging area in Birmingham, AL that sits right next to a large train switching area .I was driving from Atlanta back to Birmingham yesterday and passed two car haulers loaded with Telsa's heading east towards Atlanta. I decided to stop by the staging area just to see how many Tesla's were there. The answer: a lot. I did not count them, but would guess around 200. That's not counting the 3 haulers that were fully loaded ready to leave.
Unfortunately appears to be mostly S's and X's though with a few 3's sprinkled in. Easiest way to tell from a distance anyway is that anything with protective film on the front and rear is either an S or X. For whatever reason, Tesla is not putting on protective film for transport on the 3's. The picture of the two car haulers only has one 3 between them both.

Tesla will do anything to hide those cars from us. :p

Interesting they would off load there in Al. Unless it is the hub for that region including FLA. My rail car has to come up to Richmond VA.

Thank you for sharing.