Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Found a LOT of Model 3's in a Tesla lot - Pictures inside

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A1E35E39-CB18-4BCF-81F0-939131FFA136.jpeg
FE908AB4-9704-488D-B5A2-81117EBAD9F5.jpeg
B656EA21-8B5B-4571-9B0B-854AF06D3987.jpeg
BAC013A4-7297-42AF-9286-EF626E595C73.jpeg
3/8/2018 around 8:30 am - lot is filling with s/x not 3’s

Boston (Dedham, MA) delivery here. I was told the car was coming via rail and dropped off in New Jersey and from there, a truck would get it to Boston. So it sounds like there are a few rally points for the trains, depending on where the final destination is.

With those new deliveries of batteries by the Tesla Semi yesterday and today from the Gigafactory I suspect we'll be seeing more Model 3s in the lot soon.
I'm sure they can fit a lot of batteries into a truck, but the 2 Tesla semi thing was more of a publicity stunt than anything. It probably only represents about 50 (maybe 100) cars worth of batteries.

I'm sure they can fit a lot of batteries into a truck, but the 2 Tesla semi thing was more of a publicity stunt than anything. It probably only represents about 50 (maybe 100) cars worth of batteries.
Publicity certainly yes. Stunt? Not if they are going to be semi-regularly running those trucks, as best they can as part of internal testing, which has been their plan.

Mmmmm, dog food is good!

@scaesare ran the numbers and came up with about 56 Model 3 packs per trailer. Tesla Semi
Once Fremont hits 5k/wk it will require 6 Semis full time each making 2 round trips a day, 7 days a week to supply the factory.

Time for more pics! Thanks in advance :D
I barely got out of there without the various security entities chasing me. At least one of them had radio in hand as soon as he saw me. If I make pictures, it's sure to get back to them and cause them to unnecessarily spend money blocking off the access :/ I want neither of those things to happen (them unnecessarily spending money or blocking off the access).

On the other hand, if comprehensive detailed drone overflight videos continue, and that causes them to spend money on a parking lot roof (such as a tent of solar panels, or a tent, or solar panels that don't let elements through) to protect the cars from the elements, I'd think that's a type of improvement. I don't have any drones, so I can't go that route. I absolutely chime in, therefore, with the call for "more drone overflights!"

• Helpful
Reactions: Jonathan Hewitt
These pictures aren't supposed to give you an accurate count of M3 production but clearly it showed the stoppage of production of M3's the last few weeks of February. Also earlier this year when production was around 1k/week, the lot filling with M3's and then emptying out could be captured by looking at the lot. They are now doing more construction on the lot for future expansion as now the eastern part of the lot is getting new fencing and employee cars have been kicked out.

0BB44249-3AE1-4B8B-AE0B-7F47DF44D4C7.jpeg
238FD189-5134-40ED-919E-167011FFAFD5.jpeg
Drove down to LA on Sat and back up on Sun, passed 2 car carriers on the way down and 3 headed down on the way back up, not a single Model 3 on those carriers...mostly Model S with 1-2 Model X per carrier.

Taken around noon time 3/12/2018 - long distance model 3 car carrier! And some covered car carriers as well - maybe that’s why seeing M3’s on the highway is rare?