Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Found a LOT of Model 3's in a Tesla lot - Pictures inside

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
~1 week to arrange shipping to location(We've seen cars waiting in this lot for weeks before leaving) (Puts us around Feb 27th)
~3-5 days of transit (anywhere outside of the west coast that is(Puts us March 5th)
~1 week of Service and Delivery Center Prep, handholding, detailing, fixing errors, documents)(March 12th)
Only two weeks left in the quarter at that point.

It's do or die right now! Anything that is produced after March 19th, in my humble estimation, would have a hard time getting delivered before the end of the quarter, unless it were a California delivery. Those are the "made but not delivered cars" that you see on the quarterly reports.
Either way, I think it's SO fun watching this parking lot! I hope it gets filled and emptied daily!

~1 week to arrange shipping to location(We've seen cars waiting in this lot for weeks before leaving) (Puts us around Feb 27th)
~3-5 days of transit (anywhere outside of the west coast that is(Puts us March 5th)
~1 week of Service and Delivery Center Prep, handholding, detailing, fixing errors, documents)(March 12th)

It's do or die right now! Anything that is produced after March 19th, in my humble estimation, would have a hard time getting delivered before the end of the quarter, unless it were a California delivery. Those are the "made but not delivered cars" that you see on the quarterly reports.
Either way, I think it's SO fun watching this parking lot! I hope it gets filled and emptied daily!

Good point. Although Tesla is not shy about quoting cars in transit so they can boost their production claims to the best possible numbers. They'll probably also focus on CA (and maybe even bay area) deliveries that last week of March so they can deliver as many as possible.

IMO you're padding the items on that list a touch for a lot of locations, even if some might reach towards that. TX is royal pain because manufacturers are forbidden from selling direct in the state so the legal mess stretches the process out, and it's still a bit better than that.

However I'll buy a 10-12 days cutoff on production before month's end to get the delivery into the quarter (probably depends on the day of the week the end of month falls on).

The production numbers of the last week still matter, though.

Last edited:
282EF34B-7FE6-40BD-826A-5266E6560D69.jpeg
99907967-22BA-45E8-8490-DC8D581E41E5.jpeg
AB124FB8-85F4-41F0-8A35-43FD62F69976.jpeg
ED00AFE3-3CA9-41A5-AC80-9880C6A3A5E7.jpeg
5D0B2AF2-0BF4-4770-8AA6-680CCA6724E6.jpeg
A5C09F8E-9F90-4EF3-A7C6-9DBCBF47EB29.jpeg
66193497-EAFC-451C-B9CF-D635C9D380AF.jpeg
]

2/21/18 around 8am - lots of cars are gone, maybe it’ll refill again this weekend. Looks like someone else is watching this lot - TSLA up 4% today ;)

I wouldn't be surprised if they need to go at least mostly into turn-around mode as they install their new Germany built line. Perhaps that's where they are right now.

My understanding from the call and follow up 8K is that the new line from Germany is going to be installed and run in parallel with the semi-autonomous ones they have at the GF 2,500/wk from (mostly) existing line and 2,500 wk German line.

Reactions: Reciprocity
I wouldn't be surprised if they need to go at least mostly into turn-around mode as they install their new Germany built line. Perhaps that's where they are right now.
That's at Gigafactory though. My takes is that they are able to arrange transportation more regularly now that production should have reached 1K weekly. They need to be able handle 277 S/X and 357 3 daily by end of March. 277 S/X and 714 3 daily by June.

Last edited:
My understanding from the call and follow up 8K is that the new line from Germany is going to be installed and run in parallel with the semi-autonomous ones they have at the GF 2,500/wk from (mostly) existing line and 2,500 wk German line.

there have been very few new cars created over the past 2 weeks timeframe based on above pics and VIN assignments being in 5xxx, 6xxx, 7xxx ranges. fingers crossed they're about to hit go on something to pump cars like like A-10 bullets.

Brrt tax
the-plane-built-around-one-gun-235.jpg

Reactions: mongo
That's at Gigafactory though. My takes is that they are able to arrange transportation more regularly now that production should have reached 1K weekly. They need to be able handle 277 S/X and 357 3 daily by end of March. 277 S/X and 714 3 daily by June.
Fremont doesn't produce cars if the Gigafactory isn't shipping them batteries. Production was battery pack limited coming into this so they wouldn't have any meaningful stockpile to run Fremont on if the Gigifactory went into turn-around.

Fremont doesn't produce cars if the Gigafactory isn't shipping them batteries. Production was battery pack limited coming into this so they wouldn't have any meaningful stockpile to run Fremont on if the Gigifactory went into turn-around.
Tesla also said the current battery lines is able to output 2500 and the additional fully automated line can do another 2500.