Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Found a LOT of Model 3's in a Tesla lot - Pictures inside

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sustained 2K isn't too bad if the rate won't go down. I wasn't personally expecting sustained 2.5K after Q1 based on how the December extrapolation worked out.
That's probably not super good for the stock price after the Q1 call though, since it's basically missing the target again...

Doesn't look like the "burst" is slowing down.
Happiness is a lot full of M3s.

Though it does beg the question what does say 3x the current production rate look like in the factory lots?

38d90cef3ae25d227a5e73af68f1139bb6ddb7cad34627e3f423b9ad0a667826.jpg
Holy crapsticks, that's an awesome number for a full week! Mid-teen-hundreds would have been great. Their new gear from the German engineers performing performing well out-of-the-box?

<insert "it's happening" meme>

German equipment should not yet have anything to do with this. Their job is to go towards 5k/w.
Depends. As I read it both prior and new are supposed to contribute 2.5K each towards reaching 5K. However if the new line is up and operating reasonably well, even if not near full nominal capacity, that would account for a large jump like this. And this is large jump as it's about double what they've appeared to peak for a semi-sustained rate at in the past.

Reactions: WarpedOne
Depends. As I read it both prior and new are supposed to contribute 2.5K each towards reaching 5K. However if the new line is up and operating reasonably well, even if not near full nominal capacity, that would account for a large jump like this. And this is large jump as it's about double what they've appeared to peak for a semi-sustained rate at in the past.

Tesla’s ability to meet its target of 2,500 per week by end of Q1 2018 is not dependent on the additional equipment that is currently located in Germany, as that equipment is expected to start ramping production during Q2 2018.

As long as this is not a burst, this will quiet things down a bit as the reservation list is turned into actual sales/deliveries.

I will be extremely disappointed if these images, over the next week, stop showing a field of model 3s, and instead look like a slowdown again. That will kill the stock, and enthusiasm.

Also, thanks for the images. They are a beacon of hope that someday my 3 will come.

View attachment 291171 View attachment 291172 View attachment 291173 View attachment 291174 View attachment 291175 View attachment 291176 View attachment 291177 4/2/18 around 845 am - m3’s fill the lot again and fewer S/X mixed in. 7 carriers loading with one leaving.

I posted my own visit the night before to the VIN thread but user AZ-3 got all butthurt that people were posting ANYTHING but VINs so I will repost it here:

V4WjYH6.mp4

Then a friend I sent that to pointed out that someone visited with a drone on Monday:

Lot starts about a minute in. Much better than my video. This is an exciting time for us Tesla investors, and it's so cheap to buy in right now. Oops! Wrong thread again.

-Randy

Last edited:
Thanks again for posting I like see what's going on at the factory. Notice the rear lots aren't so full but they were trying to deliver before month end.

Any one notice what seems to be a scrap pile at about 2.35 mark, a fork lift is dragging out a red car headed for a excavator/shear. wonder if there chopping up the rejects next to the old train tracks and loading them into the scrap dumpster. There is also a storage lot of car piled up that has been there for a long time. Again at 5:20 till 6:22 you see a tractor trailer with two or three wrecks on the back heading to the same pile the camera keeps panning around so it's hard to focus on them.

I need to go look at the older drone footage but the one Railroad stub track has either been total removed inside the gate or they might be getting ready to bring rail back into the plant to load at least a couple car loads at a time. They could get 5 or 6 cars in that area, but nothing like the plant had.

Thanks again for posting I like see what's going on at the factory. Notice the rear lots aren't so full but they were trying to deliver before month end.

Any one notice what seems to be a scrap pile at about 2.35 mark, a fork lift is dragging out a red car headed for a excavator/shear. wonder if there chopping up the rejects next to the old train tracks and loading them into the scrap dumpster. There is also a storage lot of car piled up that has been there for a long time. Again at 5:20 till 6:22 you see a tractor trailer with two or three wrecks on the back heading to the same pile the camera keeps panning around so it's hard to focus on them.

I need to go look at the older drone footage but the one Railroad stub track has either been total removed inside the gate or they might be getting ready to bring rail back into the plant to load at least a couple car loads at a time. They could get 5 or 6 cars in that area, but nothing like the plant had.
That’s the new tunnel. :)