Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Found a LOT of Model 3's in a Tesla lot - Pictures inside

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks again for posting I like see what's going on at the factory. Notice the rear lots aren't so full but they were trying to deliver before month end.

Any one notice what seems to be a scrap pile at about 2.35 mark, a fork lift is dragging out a red car headed for a excavator/shear. wonder if there chopping up the rejects next to the old train tracks and loading them into the scrap dumpster. There is also a storage lot of car piled up that has been there for a long time. Again at 5:20 till 6:22 you see a tractor trailer with two or three wrecks on the back heading to the same pile the camera keeps panning around so it's hard to focus on them.

I need to go look at the older drone footage but the one Railroad stub track has either been total removed inside the gate or they might be getting ready to bring rail back into the plant to load at least a couple car loads at a time. They could get 5 or 6 cars in that area, but nothing like the plant had.
Speaking of scrap pile/lot. See pic in post above yours.

r

I see the Dodge car carrier has returned.

I think they need a bigger lot now if they keep this up. :)

Its the beginning of the month and there that many cars sitting there. The stockholders are going to be pissed. Tesla will now have thousands in transit on the next call.

Its the beginning of the month and there that many cars sitting there. The stockholders are going to be pissed. Tesla will now have thousands in transit on the next call.

Factory output is > 500/day currently. We've seen this lot emptying and filling regularly. These cars are not (largely) from last quarter.

Also, Tesla will have thousands in transit on every earnings call. When you're building at a 200k+ vehicles/year run rate, that's the nature of the beast. The Q1-->Q2 number was over 6,000. It's only going to rise from here.

Reactions: RedOctober
Yes I know, I was referring to the last earnings call, when Elon made it a point that there were 806? cars in transit.

Yes this will be the new norm, I hope. It's a good problem to have.:) Now there monthly numbers may level off and not look like a hacksaw blade.

There was a huge amount in transit this quarter, likely to be more next quarter. I wonder how many of this quarter was due to the Norway Truck issue.

View attachment 288320 View attachment 288321 View attachment 288322 View attachment 288323 View attachment 288324 View attachment 288325 View attachment 288326 View attachment 288327 View attachment 288328 View attachment 288329 Eventually they will drive themselves to this lot but in the meantime....

3/22/18 around 7:30am - looks like more cars added to the lot and car carriers are taking them out. Saw a loaded carrier with M3’s leaving the factory as I was coming in

Eventually they will not need the lot! Try will drive themselves to their new homes!

• Funny
Reactions: Stirfelt