Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Found a LOT of Model 3's in a Tesla lot - Pictures inside

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m basing the “appears to be a slow ramp” mainly on the reasons you mentioned. Lack of new invites since April, low # of VIN assignments, no large increase in scheduled deliveries, low max VIN reported, delivery delay emails, etc.

Either way I think the next week or two will be telling (as you pointed out). I’m waiting to see what happens in the near term before forming a definitive opinion.
The progression of max VIN looks OK to me, from Tesla Model 3 Invites - VIN Graphs

canvas.png

Reactions: sundaymorning
Tesla had the shutdown at end of May, and like last shutdown, they had to ramp back up to pre shutdown levels. Seems to me that last several images are equal or greater than before shutdown. For the 5k goal, would need to be better than if they hope to achieve it.
Ya but after the shutdown, Tesla will/should be outputting more than before shutdown. Would be surprised if Tesla isn't piling up car around regional storage lot for July.

Reactions: RTPEV
Elon did mention in passing in the shareholders meeting that most stores would be getting Model 3s for test drives and demos soon. They are probably building those this month to keep from going over the 200K mark. I expect the invites to configure will start going out again later this month.

Elon's leaked letter yesterday says they're at 3500/wk now and pushing for ~5000 in 2 weeks, posted in investor forum Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable
Elon Musk tells Tesla employees that 'radical improvements' are needed to hit quarterly targets

To: Everybody

Subj. Only 8 days left to reach 700 cars/day or 5k/week

June 15, 2018

8:27 pm

It's getting very exciting! All parts of the Model 3 production system are now above 500 and some are almost at 700 cars already. Congratulations to all on making so much progress!

That said, radical improvements are still needed in paint shop output, GA3, bringing up the new GA4, End of Line and Module Zone 4 at Giga. We also need to achieve sustained, 700+ per week on the body line.

Wherever you are in the company, if you feel you can help out in any of those areas, please check in with Jat Dhillon on GA3, Jerome Guillen on GA4 and Omead on EoL and JB Straubel or Christ Lister on Module Zone 4.

I will be at our Fremont factory almost 24/7 for the next several days checking in with those groups to make sure they have as many resources as they can handle.

Thanks,
Elon

We need pictures to see how many P3’s are now in the lot and do they get covered

Our Tyson location got a 3 to display buy I don’t know if it’s a P3. Don’t know how long ago took the P3 shot coming off the line.
Most likely not a P3, since Elon just tweeted about the 1st P3 coming off the assembly line today
Elon Musk on Twitter

If you can look at the VIN it should have a digit indicating AWD. And also it probably should have beefed up (likely red) brakes.

The progression of max VIN looks OK to me, from Tesla Model 3 Invites - VIN Graphs

View attachment 310170
The progression of max vins in the vin chart, is only a minor factor. The density of the vins is a more significant factor. And since end of may, the density of the vins , degraded significantly, compared to before.

PS. Probably to do as much with delaying 200k US deliveries, which will cost tesla dearly, but that probably will get offset partially, with the firing of first contractors and now employees, as with trying to reach as close as possible the 5K/week for one week at the end of june (meaning from end of may, they didnt have one week of sustained production, but constantly trying to improve processes and remove bottlenecks).

PS. Probably to do as much with delaying 200k US deliveries, which will cost tesla dearly, but that probably will get offset partially, with the firing of first contractors and now employees, as with trying to reach as close as possible the 5K/week for one week at the end of june (meaning from end of may, they didnt have one week of sustained production, but constantly trying to improve processes and remove bottlenecks).

If the EV credit trigger were based on production and not sales, then that would hurt.
However, delaying the 200kth sale will shift revenue from Q2 to Q3, and the only loss should be interest costs on the deferred profit (of less than one month). That may be recouped by extra options sold due to increased tax credits (esp EAP).

Reactions: dc_h
Found a Lot of Tesla looking cars at 500 E. Louise Lathrop, CA Tesla has been storing cars here off and on for awhile now.

Pictures taken 6/17/2018.

disclaimer, I'm not a photographer, and its just a simple point and shoot camera trying to take a picture from really far away (non zoom picture included for reference) so the pictures

Well, couldn't upload the pictures so here's a link to the album https://photos.app.goo.gl/AvuTvHVRW9DifxUz5

Attachments

• DSC056add.JPG
    DSC056add.JPG
    585.3 KB · Views: 77
Found a Lot of Tesla looking cars at 500 E. Louise Lathrop, CA Tesla has been storing cars here off and on for awhile now.

Pictures taken 6/17/2018.

disclaimer, I'm not a photographer, and its just a simple point and shoot camera trying to take a picture from really far away (non zoom picture included for reference) so the pictures

Well, couldn't upload the pictures so here's a link to the album https://photos.app.goo.gl/AvuTvHVRW9DifxUz5
That's the facility for states that Tesla can't sell directly such as Texas and Michigan

PS. Probably to do as much with delaying 200k US deliveries, which will cost tesla dearly...
Why would you think that it will cost them dearly? Sure there will be some people that cancel or that get less options, but with the number or people in line right now and with the new people getting in line Tesla can probably sell every car they can produce as fast as they can build them for the next several years at least. Anyone that decides not to buy because of the full tax credit will be quickly replaced by someone else.

Reactions: dc_h
Elon did mention in passing in the shareholders meeting that most stores would be getting Model 3s for test drives and demos soon. They are probably building those this month to keep from going over the 200K mark. I expect the invites to configure will start going out again later this month.

The 200 or so vehicles for showrooms and test drives would take about 4-5 hours to build at today's build rate.

Reactions: 0ptions