Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Found a LOT of Model 3's in a Tesla lot - Pictures inside

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes - the third line in the “tent” has been running as well.
Thanks! I thought 3rd shift would have a higher impact than 3rd line, which will likely take a while to ramp up...
The assembly line inside will start out as fully manual and gradually convert to automation in steps, according to Brian Johnson, an analyst at Barclays Plc who met with Tesla’s investor relations department last week.

Good news from GF, now Freemont needs to catch up Tesla (TSLA) momentum cools as investors await Q2 Model 3 production numbers
Just yesterday, John Totah, a Tesla employee working at Gigafactory 1, also posted a tweet suggesting that the company has managed to hit a production throughput of 5,000 units per week. Totah eventually set his Twitter profile on private, but not before he added a public comment stating that Tesla’s current lines for Gigafactory 1 in Nevada already have the potential to produce 6,000 Model 3 battery packs per week

• Informative
Reactions: RedOctober
Here they come east, I was just heading back to the office and had FOUR tractor trailers of mostly M3's heading to Tysons. S's and X's on them also. still 50-50 on wrapped 3's. I bet they fill Tysons with cars start prepping and start the deliveries on Monday the second. Sorry no pictures all open trucks.

Augkou's shots shows a much higher content of baggies. are those S's and X's bagged also? the covers look different with the window slots.

Here they come east, I was just heading back to the office and had FOUR tractor trailers of mostly M3's heading to Tysons. S's and X's on them also. still 50-50 on wrapped 3's. I bet they fill Tysons with cars start prepping and start the deliveries on Monday the second. Sorry no pictures all open trucks.

Augkou's shots shows a much higher content of baggies. are those S's and X's bagged also? the covers look different with the window slots.
I'm figuring 80K delivered in 3rd quarter.

Maybe the truck left Fremont last week and bagging practice was still ramping up, and has now been completely standardized in pics taken this week?

Maybe the truck left Fremont last week and bagging practice was still ramping up, and has now been completely standardized in pics taken this week?

It took about a month for our 3 to make it across country via train and truck. So I would assume all this production could be coming east and Tesla can say yes we produced all these cars and they are legitimately in transit. It's just so odd that I saw a convoy of 4 truck loads of Tesla's. Also that there conventantly arriving a day or two late to be delivered. You know they need 4-5 days to prep the cars before they can deliver them. :) Maybe I saw a top secret Tesla semi's retrofitted into conventional trucks running in Platoon.:eek:

Inside EV sales won't report record setting for the month of June but hopefully not below last years to continue the long upward sales trends. But look out July, there will be a record set.

I saw the grainy satellite image of the new production line tent. I couldn't help to notice they left the rail spur alone. Maybe they are still keeping the on site option open. Wish we had new drone footage to see what is going on. Didn't the tent cut out half the car storage on that side of the plant? Augkuo's pictures clearly show they have the trucks constantly coming and going.

The rail spur was removed when they put in the north automated storage tower.
FFWD to 4:20

Yes correct, but the wye serving the plant is still intact, which is the big ticket item. The rail inside the plant could still be there just buried. Or might be the rail pile just beyond the road that crosses the tracks. I remember this footage but wonder what it looks like now. Also a shot taken a while back showed some fresh ballast on the old siding. could not tell if they simply removed the track or if they were rehabbing the track.

Reactions: mongo
I saw the grainy satellite image of the new production line tent. I couldn't help to notice they left the rail spur alone. Maybe they are still keeping the on site option open. Wish we had new drone footage to see what is going on. Didn't the tent cut out half the car storage on that side of the plant? Augkuo's pictures clearly show they have the trucks constantly coming and going.

It looks like there is some drone footage of the Sprung tent in this tweet: Raj Mathai on Twitter

It looks like there is some drone footage of the Sprung tent in this tweet: Raj Mathai on Twitter

Yes i saw that, the why is still intack, the dirt piles covering the loading rails is gone, but still cant see the rail. I can see the crossing has it covers but a diamond saw would fix that in a day.

All i can think is Richmond must be giving them a hell of a deal to use there yard as opposed to rehabing and reopening there's RR's car movement fees and Demure charges can get pretty nasty. But still shipping this many 3's they should look into it again.

Althought the plan keeps expanding it would become a casualty.

• Informative
Reactions: Big Earl
For what it's worth, I saw two carriers heading up Interstate 80 through the mountains (towards Reno) on Saturday morning (6/23) about 9:30am. Didn't seem like any of the cars had covers on them. Top rack was a white Model 3 at the back, lower rack might have been an S.

The one picture I got with my glass-mounted smartphone ("Hey Google, take a picture!") came out perfectly focused on the inside of the windshield :(. The carrier, not so much...

Carrier.png

View attachment 312913 View attachment 312915 View attachment 312916 View attachment 312917 View attachment 312918 View attachment 312919 View attachment 312920 6/27/18 around 8am - 11 car carriers! They are running out of people to drive the cars from the factory to this lot so they’ve recruited their interns to do some shifts of moving the cars out. This website is having problems so sorry for only a few pics ;(

Can the intern's put the baggie's on the cars or the protective film on the cars? It's starting to look like there building so many cars they cant even bother putting the protection on. Or there the end of quarter cars and as we all know, there for the local's and don't need it. :rolleyes:

Thanks again Augkuo for the shots. Seeing any interns driving P3"s?

Are you taking train by plan anymore. Any signs of them reworking the rails feeding the plant?