Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Found a LOT of Model 3's in a Tesla lot - Pictures inside

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They could say that if the customer doesn't get their financing/travel/etc. in order by a week then the car goes to the next in line with the same configuration. You can see that all the cars (about 20 of them) in aisles 24 and 25 haven't been delivered for a week.

No. InsideEVs adjusts, and makes the numbers US only

Top line comment

Note on 2017 numbers

Note on 2013 numbers

They may not have it to the car accurate but it is for US not North America.

Sorry for being slightly OT, but wanted to confirm the production count from IEVs.

I followed up with Jay Cole on this. He did clarify that they have gone back and adjusted old numbers to separate US from North America sales.

So you are right. It is accurate within 100s of vehicles through November.

In the early days of Model S production NA was not broken out. I missed the correction point.

I still stand by my prediction of very early April for US production number. 200,001. It just might take a bit more creativity from Tesla to show full ramp of 3 and stay under the 200,000 bar in Q1.

There has to be some kind of accounting strategy here. Wether it be tax or cash flow or whatever. I get the impression from seeing all the pictures that there are probably more than a thousand cars completed waiting for delivery. I would think shareholders would want to know what is going on though.

It's nice to see that they have a functioning line. 2018 should be an interesting year.

Curious. Do quarterly numbers reflect cars sold or cars produced.

John

In their quarterly reports, they report cars produced, cars delivered, and cars in transit. Most investors focus on the number of cars delivered.

Curious, how would you suggest they handle delivery of items when the rate of change of production exceeds the rate of change of delivery (or at least reaction time)?
Pay shippers for nonexistent deliveries to hold shipping capacity?
Limit production to scheduled shipments to match shipping capacity?
Buffer production to allow shipping capacity to catch up?
other?

We also don't know the number of reservations in the Fremont area (for RWD LR). These may be right where they should be.
Or they may be waiting for their ride, a dedicated auto train can haul upwards of 800 cars...

The rail network is so heavily loaded, the railroad company would probably be happy if a train didn't move when it was scheduled to. I believe Tesla owns their own fleet of trucks which is how all the west coast US deliveries are done.

Sorry for being slightly OT, but wanted to confirm the production count from IEVs.

I followed up with Jay Cole on this. He did clarify that they have gone back and adjusted old numbers to separate US from North America sales.

So you are right. It is accurate within 100s of vehicles through November.

In the early days of Model S production NA was not broken out. I missed the correction point.

I still stand by my prediction of very early April for US production number. 200,001. It just might take a bit more creativity from Tesla to show full ramp of 3 and stay under the 200,000 bar in Q1.

I believe the early production for NA wasn't broken out because 100% went to the US. Even when deliveries in Canada started, they were only selling them at a trickle rate, so the difference between overall and US sales was negligible.

In any case, Tesla might be able to hold back hitting the 200K dinger until April 1, 2018. A lot depends on how fast they can ramp up M3 production. Because of Tesla's sales model, they have more control when they hit the target. If they are getting close at the end of a quarter, they can slow deliveries a little so they don't go over until the next quarter. Other car makers don't have that flexibility. Most of their stock are already on lots around the US and when they sell is unpredictable.

GM is going to hit 200K right about the same time as Tesla, but they might end up hitting it a quarter earlier, even if it's only a few days on the calendar.

Looks like some cars have moved/been delivered - taken this morning around 8am
IMG_6695.jpg
IMG_6696.jpg
IMG_6697.jpg

Yes, that first row in the buffer zone didn't used to be a model x. Also, there were two white model threes in the #3 and #4 position on the drone videos shot last week by dark soldier. They seem to be going out! Now all of the seeking alpha naysayers (montanaSkeptic) can't claim that there's anything wrong with the cars! YAY! Another win for the Tesla Team!

Yes, that first row in the buffer zone didn't used to be a model x. Also, there were two white model threes in the #3 and #4 position on the drone videos shot last week by dark soldier. They seem to be going out! Now all of the seeking alpha naysayers (montanaSkeptic) can't claim that there's anything wrong with the cars! YAY! Another win for the Tesla Team!
Now they will claim they are shuffling the car around to disguise the defective cars!! :p:p

My old boss got his M3 last Saturday, VIN 3xxx - he swapped his reservation with his relative who had a Model S and wanted the dual motor version. You could see from the previous pictures that aisle 25 totally cleared out and two "new" M3s are there now.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: SlicedBr3ad