Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Found a LOT of Model 3's in a Tesla lot - Pictures inside

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2/8/18 around 1:30pm, looks like cars are moving off the lot but not a lot of new ones taking their place.
IMG_7075.jpg
IMG_7077.jpg
IMG_7078.jpg
IMG_7080.jpg
IMG_7081.jpg
IMG_7082.jpg
IMG_7083.jpg

So are they running production in intermittent batches or do the have another lot they are filling up? Or they were behind on getting delivery logistics capacity in place, so now they are moving out what they make a lot quicker so not getting is much backlog built up in that lot?

Cnasty will see this in the thread it's from but I'll put this here as an FYI for others (because the thread is TX specific). For at least Texas (because of local rent seeking laws, boo) they are shipping out of Fremont into SoCal somewhere. Maybe even before the customer gets assigned the VIN.

Texas Hold Up!

I think we've heard hints of this from others in other states, that judging by delivery dates some of the cars are probably already in transit before the customer gets their VIN.

Last edited:
Cnasty will see this in the thread it's from but I'll put this here as an FYI for others (because the thread is TX specific). For at least Texas (because of local rent seeking laws, boo) they are shipping out of Fremont into SoCal somewhere. Maybe even before the customer gets assigned the VIN.

Texas Hold Up!

I think we've heard hints of this from others in other states, that judging by delivery dates some of the cars are probably already in transit before the customer gets their VIN.

Correction update:

Small edit: Vehicles are staged in Lathrope, CA, not “somewhere” in SoCal. It’s about 60 miles east of the factory in Fremont.

Reactions: Cnasty