Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Hold Up!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guys, lots of good details from my Model 3 coordinator in Nevada. First, if you are paying cash or financing, you have to send Tesla the full payment up front, then they will schedule a delivery date. All vehicles going to Texas are staging somewhere in southern California for delivery. My coordinator said mine was already on a truck to SoCal, even though I just received my VIN today. Once Tesla confirms payment via check, ACH, or Wire, Tesla will then ship your car from SoCal and it will arrive in 2-3 days. Once it arrives in Texas, there is another day or two to get it ready for pickup.

The main reason for paying before they schedule a delivery date is because Tesla still cannot sell cars in Texas. Booo!!! You pay Tesla in California first. Otherwise, you could not technically buy it from Tesla in Texas. This is their workaround right now. Sales tax gets paid off Texas rates (good) and the title will be from Texas. Congrats to everyone who received their VIN today.

Guys, lots of good details from my Model 3 coordinator in Nevada. First, if you are paying cash or financing, you have to send Tesla the full payment up front, then they will schedule a delivery date. All vehicles going to Texas are staging somewhere in southern California for delivery. My coordinator said mine was already on a truck to SoCal, even though I just received my VIN today. Once Tesla confirms payment via check, ACH, or Wire, Tesla will then ship your car from SoCal and it will arrive in 2-3 days. Once it arrives in Texas, there is another day or two to get it ready for pickup.

The main reason for paying before they schedule a delivery date is because Tesla still cannot sell cars in Texas. Booo!!! You pay Tesla in California first. Otherwise, you could not technically buy it from Tesla in Texas. This is their workaround right now. Sales tax gets paid off Texas rates (good) and the title will be from Texas. Congrats to everyone who received their VIN today.

I have talked to the coordinator from the 3 team as well and another caveat is ensuring all names that are on any loans are on the registration details on your account page. They need to add those in there for accuracy and when they sent the contract to the bank/credit union for your loan. Anything missing could delay by 2-3 days depending on timing. I was also surprised to learn they add the tax in there for you now versus paying separately after the fact (i had to pay tax on my own for my S). This is also new recently.

With monday being a bank holiday (our luck :() we are looking at delivery by end of next week but unsure if they do deliveries on weekends at Dallas so it may be the following week unfortunately. Damn Presidents day!!!

• Informative
Reactions: GDNTX

Small edit: Vehicles are staged in Lathrope, CA, not “somewhere” in SoCal. It’s about 60 miles east of the factory in Fremont.

Delivery scheduled! Just got off the phone with Kevin. Delivery scheduled for 2/28 at 11:00 a.m. in Austin. I'll have a couple buddies with me (and possibly my wife). If you want to swing by and check it out feel free. I'm going to be worthless for the next 11 days.
Yay!!!! If it wasn't the middle of the week, I would totally STALK your car!

Congrats, and super excited for you!

• Funny
Reactions: geoffreak
Delivery scheduled! Just got off the phone with Kevin. Delivery scheduled for 2/28 at 11:00 a.m. in Austin. I'll have a couple buddies with me (and possibly my wife). If you want to swing by and check it out feel free. I'm going to be worthless for the next 11 days.

Personal need due to scheduling to push it out 12 days or was that first available?

Reason I ask is that they won’t overnight financing check from CU until Tuesday due to the holiday and being told end of next week for delivery which seemed courageous.

I was set for around your date so I’m curious to compare if that was the earliest they would get you.

Personal need due to scheduling to push it out 12 days or was that first available?

Reason I ask is that they won’t overnight financing check from CU until Tuesday due to the holiday and being told end of next week for delivery which seemed courageous.

I was set for around your date so I’m curious to compare if that was the earliest they would get you.
He told me that was the earliest possible day. Said the car would probably get there that weekend and they'd need Monday and Tuesday to inspect, etc.

I’m funded, (sorta)!

That is, after:
  • An anxious day waiting for a corrected mvpa (thanks Chris)
  • An hour and a half on the phone with an RBFCU rep who gallantly finalized the loan at the end of her work day by:
    • nailing down all the loan details and executing the completed paperwork
    • rushing to get a check cut
    • trying to track down someone from the mail room to handle fedex-ing the check
    • after discovering that fedex had made their last pickup for the day, arranging a UPS shipping label instead
    • volunteering to deliver the check to UPS on her own time upon leaving because the mail room personnel had all gone for the day.
The net of all this is that the check is scheduled for delivery tomorrow, Saturday, to my Model 3 rep in Vegas!

Whew!

• Love
Reactions: zkmusa
I’m funded, (sorta)!

That is, after:
  • An anxious day waiting for a corrected mvpa (thanks Chris)
  • An hour and a half on the phone with an RBFCU rep who gallantly finalized the loan at the end of her work day by:
    • nailing down all the loan details and executing the completed paperwork
    • rushing to get a check cut
    • trying to track down someone from the mail room to handle fedex-ing the check
    • after discovering that fedex had made their last pickup for the day, arranging a UPS shipping label instead
    • volunteering to deliver the check to UPS on her own time upon leaving because the mail room personnel had all gone for the day.
The net of all this is that the check is scheduled for delivery tomorrow, Saturday, to my Model 3 rep in Vegas!

Whew!
Wow. Talk about going above and beyond. You owe her.