Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Found a LOT of Model 3's in a Tesla lot - Pictures inside

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Actually, I don't think the current run rate is even all that important. I think we're close enough to 200K deliveries in the US that they're going to have to throttle deliveries to keep from hitting 200K before 7/1. What will matter more is the run rate in the last couple weeks of June, when they will be stockpiling cars at the delivery centers and factory lots, waiting for 7/1 to open the floodgates.

Any overage they create between now and then can go to Canada.

Reactions: Electroman
Ideally keep ramping up the production throughout May and June, but calibrate the deliveries so that you hit 200k deliveries around first week of July, and then deliver the excess inventory in July and August. You need to be able to stockpile close to 10k cars or more for a few weeks, if needed. Is it even possible to stockpile that many? Perhaps distribute them across various states?

Then the haters and shorters (are they different?) will complain that Tesla is manipulating the EV credit system. You may even see a law suit or two.

I understand this thread is very popular and we all like to see hundreds of M3s all lined up and getting shipped.

But all it tells us is that the production is humming. It doesn't tell us answers to the key questions that are important:

- Did Tesla hit 3000 atleast in any week so far ?
- Are they producing more this week, compared to last week?
- Are the shipping logistics catching up to their production, or are the production numbers low enough, that shipping is always ahead.
- Have they started producing M3 on weekends? Sat? Sun? or both?

If these picutres are not helping us to answer those questions, then I am not sure it provides a lot value, except to know if they are having any temp shutdowns.

I think this thread is great as it provides different value to different people . For example it's important to many right now, myself included, with completed orders currently waiting for VIN's for 19" wheels. I look forward to @augkuo updates every day looking forward to seeing 19" wheels on car carriers again.

Ideally keep ramping up the production throughout May and June, but calibrate the deliveries so that you hit 200k deliveries around first week of July, and then deliver the excess inventory in July and August. You need to be able to stockpile close to 10k cars or more for a few weeks, if needed. Is it even possible to stockpile that many? Perhaps distribute them across various states?

They can just talk to VW to park them next to all their diesels :). Parking at Levi Stadium can handle 10k spaces but most likely would be spread across the U.S. The Gigafactories can probably stockpile a ton of cars.

• Funny
Reactions: NeverFollow
5/14/2018 around 8:30am - 3 car carriers in the lot (1 local) with 2 more coming into the lot. Looks like the deliveries is keeping up with production.

]

Thanks for the info, however.....

This question is for everyone......

Tesla is making 133 model 3's per day ( Sunday's included ). That would be 19 car carriers EVERY DAY. ( 7 cars per carrier ).

And that's only model 3 numbers.

Do you guys think that's happening?

Reactions: RedOctober
I understand this thread is very popular and we all like to see hundreds of M3s all lined up and getting shipped.

But all it tells us is that the production is humming. It doesn't tell us answers to the key questions that are important:

- Did Tesla hit 3000 atleast in any week so far ?
- Are they producing more this week, compared to last week?
- Are the shipping logistics catching up to their production, or are the production numbers low enough, that shipping is always ahead.
- Have they started producing M3 on weekends? Sat? Sun? or both?

If these picutres are not helping us to answer those questions, then I am not sure it provides a lot value, except to know if they are having any temp shutdowns.

It tells me Aero's are still pumping out and that I should not expect a VIN soon... so it is very helpful to those of us waiting on VINs :)

Reactions: pcpro

Tesla is making 133 model 3's per day ( Sunday's included ). That would be 19 car carriers EVERY DAY. ( 7 cars per carrier ).

Most mornings, I see about 6 carriers around 8am. I see another handful of carriers in the evening, anywhere from 7 to 9pm. So I believe that shipping goes on all day long.

Tesla is making ~600 Model 3s per day. Some go to Richmond for rail transport and others leave by truck. The south lot sees dozens of trucks per day (sometimes a dozen will be loading simultaneously - see recent pics), as does the north.

Reactions: dc_h

That’s not even 1000 cars a week. Everything points to them making many times more than that a day.

Yeah.....I typed the wrong number.
Then why don't you correct it? Because you not only typed 133, but you did the math correct on that incorrect number - 19 * 7 = 133. If they are making 3k/wk, that's 429/day. That's 61 carriers per day, assuming 7 cars per carrier. Given previous threads, I think the estimate was around 2 hours to load a truck. So in a 24-hour period, you would think there would be around 3 carriers at a time. If you think that they only load during normal day time, then that would mean 6 carriers loading at a time. Sounds reasonable.

• Informative
Reactions: NeverFollow