Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Found a LOT of Model 3's in a Tesla lot - Pictures inside

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FYI, the M3 baggies started appearing at Tysons store. they fit really tight, but the trucker said yes the're supposed to stop the scratching in transit but he said if the baggie comes loose the road rash from flapping for 3000 miles would be bad.

The bags got pretty dirty, so they will have to be cleaned before reuse. Both 3's on the truck had backs from the train ride over to Al.
And yes I forgot to check the Vin's

Tesla baggies1.jpg
Tesla baggies3.jpg
Tesla baggies2.jpg

Last edited:
That's the facility for states that Tesla can't sell directly such as Texas and Michigan

Pretty cool! Got my VIN and paid Monday so mine was probably in those picture somewhere. Guess it's safe to say these don't travel by rail then? Any idea how often the carriers leave from this lot? Seems lots of other TX cars are en route or will be soon based on the spreadsheet.

Ok, I can't vouch for what percentage of Canadians populates spreadsheet and if that matches U.S. or they are more lazy.

What I saw is that non-owners with March 2018 reservations were getting invites. Even looking at spreadsheet, you can see 90+% were invited.
Day 1&2 accounted for >50% of all reservations.
View attachment 311213
So, how many reservations total? I thought population-wise 11% of U.S. But per their threads it's much higher, likely 40k+.
So, if 36k are invited, how many went for FP? With rebate expiring in couple of provinces, I think 10k is likely.
Their are 17 million new cars registered in the US per year , 2 million new cars registered in canada per year. If I take your 200000 model 3 order for canada+us, I suppose, you recon, 1% or 170000 of those 17 million cars, are model 3 cars. If you put that same 1% figure for the early adapters of the model 3 in canada, that would be 20k reservations. I think 5k FP reservations is then not unreasonable.

Found a Lot of Tesla looking cars at 500 E. Louise Lathrop, CA Tesla has been storing cars here off and on for awhile now.

Pictures taken 6/17/2018.

disclaimer, I'm not a photographer, and its just a simple point and shoot camera trying to take a picture from really far away (non zoom picture included for reference) so the pictures

Well, couldn't upload the pictures so here's a link to the album https://photos.app.goo.gl/AvuTvHVRW9DifxUz5

I just found out from my ISA that my car is sitting in Lathrop, CA, waiting for delivery to Texas. I hope it's in one of the new bags!! :(

It's VIN 420xx, so hopefully it hasn't been there long! I'm waiting for my CarMax match and then my final payment amount so i can pay it and get the car scheduled for shipment to Texas!!

FYI, the M3 baggies started appearing at Tysons store. they fit really tight, but the trucker said yes the're supposed to stop the scratching in transit but he said if the baggie comes loose the road rash from flapping for 3000 miles would be bad.

The bags got pretty dirty, so they will have to be cleaned before reuse. Both 3's on the truck had backs from the train ride over to Al.
And yes I forgot to check the Vin's

View attachment 311395 View attachment 311397 View attachment 311400
I saw a truck full of Model 3s in baggies headed east on I-85 in South Carolina last weekend.

• Informative
Reactions: dc_h
I haven’t seen any Tesla’s in baggies but I’ve been seeing trucks full of Audis in baggies for years, and just saw one up close yesterday. I think the trucking industry has figured out how to properly use them by now, and am pleased to see a reusable approach rather than one that creates plastic trash each time.

Reactions: RedOctober
Good point but that's not what I meant. Tesla needs to sell every car for the next 3 weeks at least to keep pushing bottom line up. The minimum price is$49k * 200 but could actually be much much higher. My point is not that it costs them to make those cars minus GM. My point is that they want to stick it to shorts. Not reason to hold$10+ million inventory in stores to achieve that (FOR NOW). And yes, for each demo car, it will count as one less car sold at$49k+. This will change as they cross 5k/week and keep pushing higher rate so at that point, it makes sense to populate SC with demo cars.

If Tesla sells as many cars as it can in the US this month, that is almost literally trying to make a small profit today and surrendering a much larger one later. If they wait to go over the 200K US delivery threshold until July 1, that gives 6 more months of the $7500 US tax credit. It they go over on June 30, that's only three months of full tax credit. When the threshold is hit, there will be a flood of orders from people who were sitting on the fence or Model 3 reservation holders who were waiting for their configuration to become available.

With 6 months before taper, they can deliver far more of those orders before the credit drops than they could with only 3 months. There will be people who order and cancel when it becomes clear they won't get their order in time to get the full credit. For example people will go to Jaguar or wait for Porsche and get the full credit there, even if Tesla was their first choice.

With a 6 month window before the credit gets halved, Tesla will have a very profitable period, making and delivering a massive number of cars in the US (which is their most profitable market because the time from build to delivery is the shortest). Elon is no fool, he probably understands the nuances of this strategy better than I could. He's going to strategically take a loss this quarter to boost profits in Q3 and Q4. He didn't say when the shorts would get burned, just that it would be a in a few weeks. I think he meant around the end of the 1st week of July rather than at the end of June.

They will certainly hype how many cars they deliver the first week of July. It will probably be more cars than they delivered a month a short time ago.

• Funny
Reactions: RedOctober
They are hitting 700/day intermittently but at least 600 sustained.
Who confirmed the numbers? Dont believe you're there long enough to count them ;)
I got stopped by a security guard today so more later ;)
They got your number! Lets hope they don't proceed to the waterboarding measures o_O
Probably not much need for the future surveillance after this week if they can sustain 5k...

Interesting, I would have thought the lot would have been packed with cars and it's just the opposite.
Well, they do need to figure out logistics, so it's not full, otherwise no space for the new cars.

If Tesla sells as many cars as it can in the US this month, that is almost literally trying to make a small profit today and surrendering a much larger one later. If they wait to go over the 200K US delivery threshold until July 1, that gives 6 more months of the $7500 US tax credit. It they go over on June 30, that's only three months of full tax credit. When the threshold is hit, there will be a flood of orders from people who were sitting on the fence or Model 3 reservation holders who were waiting for their configuration to become available.

With 6 months before taper, they can deliver far more of those orders before the credit drops than they could with only 3 months. There will be people who order and cancel when it becomes clear they won't get their order in time to get the full credit. For example people will go to Jaguar or wait for Porsche and get the full credit there, even if Tesla was their first choice.

With a 6 month window before the credit gets halved, Tesla will have a very profitable period, making and delivering a massive number of cars in the US (which is their most profitable market because the time from build to delivery is the shortest). Elon is no fool, he probably understands the nuances of this strategy better than I could. He's going to strategically take a loss this quarter to boost profits in Q3 and Q4. He didn't say when the shorts would get burned, just that it would be a in a few weeks. I think he meant around the end of the 1st week of July rather than at the end of June.

They will certainly hype how many cars they deliver the first week of July. It will probably be more cars than they delivered a month a short time ago.

I refuse to believe Tesla would be dumb enough to deliver its 200,000th car on some random date like June 23rd.

Count on full court press delivery starting July 1st through end of the year.

Too optimistic to hope for but I would love for Tesla to produce 120,000 P Model 3s for delivery this year.

Shorts would be committing suicide left and right.

The numbers are from a reliable source within the factory, obviously I wasn't sitting there counting cars. Usually the person will get lots of phone calls/emails over the weekend for the latest issue but it was quiet except for one phone call so they think things are going well. They were very surprised that they basically went from ~30 cars a month at this time last year to where they are now.

Who confirmed the numbers? Dont believe you're there long enough to count them ;)

They got your number! Lets hope they don't proceed to the waterboarding measures o_O
Probably not much need for the future surveillance after this week if they can sustain 5k...

Well, they do need to figure out logistics, so it's not full, otherwise no space for the new cars.

I refuse to believe Tesla would be dumb enough to deliver its 200,000th car on some random date like June 23rd.

Count on full court press delivery starting July 1st through end of the year.

Too optimistic to hope for but I would love for Tesla to produce 120,000 P Model 3s for delivery this year.

Shorts would be committing suicide left and right.

I'm hoping you meant that figuratively. :eek:

View attachment 312417 View attachment 312418 View attachment 312419 View attachment 312420 View attachment 312421 View attachment 312422 View attachment 312423 View attachment 312424 View attachment 312425 View attachment 312426
Yes - the third line in the “tent” has been running as well.

6/25/18 around 1:50 pm - 9 carriers loading, some cars added to the cleared out area in the mornig.
I'm wondering if the trucks with all cars in full-wrap are long distance, and those trucks with cars without wraps are destined for local delivery?