Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Found my Model Y MVPA - No email or phone call

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had placed an order for a black MY Jan 2020. No VIN, no MVA since then. Yesterday I decided to bite the bullet and risk delivery delay by switching to MSM (was on the fence between the two and after looking at pics, decided I liked the MSM better). Today, I have an MVPA *with* a VIN in the 005XXX series. No phonecall, no email outside of the confirmation of change in color. Perhaps the 8-12 weeks estimated delivery timeframe is legit. Of course, this now means I have to seriously prep my garage. =D

PUP with white interior?

I've been checking for a VIN daily and this morning I noticed my account page changed and asked for final payment. I used the page source trick and found a VIN in the 66XX range. White on black LR AWD with 19 inch Gemini. I would love to up to the 20 inch induction but I dont know if that's possible at this time.

I didn't order day 1, but shortly thereafter (3/17/19), still waiting on a VIN. I have everything else completed except for the insurance as it requires the VIN for my state. I'm seeing my model being delivered on the west coast to folks that ordered long after me, so I'm assuming that since my car has to be shipped to Texas they are delaying the delivery. Hard to make sense of the way Tesla prioritizes orders. They certainly are not first come, first served.

Great dog pic! Breed?

Reactions: db93
She is a full blood dachshund believe it or not. She is a wirehair but has finer longer hair more like a long haired dachshund. She also has unusual coloration, grey and white. The grey is actually skin with fine hair, her ears in this case.

Reactions: db93
OP yet again. Got a call from the local Tesla people regarding my Y delivery tomorrow. Turns out they needed to revalue my trade-in allowance, which was now greater than 30 days old. I've only put on about 115 miles since the first appraisal. Long story short, they dropped the offer by $1500; so I've decided to sell the 3 on my own. Anyone need a prime condition, low mileage (8500), 2018 LR RWD with FSD?

Vistan

OP yet again. Got a call from the local Tesla people regarding my Y delivery tomorrow. Turns out they needed to revalue my trade-in allowance, which was now greater than 30 days old. I've only put on about 115 miles since the first appraisal. Long story short, they dropped the offer by $1500; so I've decided to sell the 3 on my own. Anyone need a prime condition, low mileage (8500), 2018 LR RWD with FSD?

Vistan
Glad to see they are delivering MSM with white interior now. I have a MSM/White/PUP/no FSD on order as well. I’m only 13 miles from the factory too.

Vistan
I'm waiting for that shoe to drop for me. I have a 12/2018 Blue LR AWD with FSD, Aeros and Black interior, about 9k miles. They offered $44,700 a little over a month ago, which wasn't bad considering I got it almost $6k off in March 2019 (since it was a 2018) plus the $3750 federal credit, so paid net under $48k for it, so only a $3k loss after over a year. Of course the Y has none of those discounts, so I'm still out a hefty sum for the difference (plus all the fees). But Ohio does the sales tax only on the difference, so trading in gives me about a $3k advantage.

Reactions: Matsayz
OP here - one more time. Picked up my Y this morning, very smooth contactless delivery. Despite being a card-carrying nit-picker, I couldn't find any glaring panel gaps, paint issues, or anything that didn't work, etc. I did find two minor panel gaps around the tail lights, but when I pressed on the plastic panels, they popped into place.

And, through the For Sale forum on this site, I was able to sell my pristine Model 3 this afternoon, for significantly more than Tesla offered me for trade-in.

Vistan

OP here - one more time. Picked up my Y this morning, very smooth contactless delivery. Despite being a card-carrying nit-picker, I couldn't find any glaring panel gaps, paint issues, or anything that didn't work, etc. I did find two minor panel gaps around the tail lights, but when I pressed on the plastic panels, they popped into place.

And, through the For Sale forum on this site, I was able to sell my pristine Model 3 this afternoon, for significantly more than Tesla offered me for trade-in.

Vistan

Congrats! I also have to sell my Model 3. Could you tell me how much you got for yours and what type of Model 3 you had (mileage, RWD or AWD, range, AP/EAP/FSD)? How did you sell it and what was your initial asking price? BTW, Tesla offered 35.5K for my 2017 LR RWD with EAP, PUP and MSM. What did Tesla offer for your Model 3?

Thanks,

Cliff

@Vistan I would love some pics - same build and can't wait! Thanks.

Here ya go! Note the Gemini wheels without the covers...

Vistan
IMG_0181.jpeg
IMG_0183.jpeg