Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FOX Business News: Spreading the Sheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think Neil Cavuto invited the wrong analysts. He needs someone who does the research on Tesla and understand the strategy before they open their mouth. I also wonder if either Fix or Kneale ever driven the Model S to realize why customers are buying the car and willing to pay the premium.

How can they be called analysts when almost everything they say is wrong and they contradict themselves on almost every point.

First its 11400 loss per car, then its that Tesla makes 3x more profit from ZEV credits than they do selling cars.
First they show that Tesla has sold 10500 in the first half of the year, then Tesla only sells 10000 cars per year ( being off by a factor of 2 isn't important for financial stuff ).
They say the average income of a buyer is 125000 per year, then its cars for the super rich. ( 12% of households make more than 125000 per year ).

They say that Tesla is having lots of trouble in many states because they wont follow the franchise laws. It's what 4 or 5 states?

They say that Tesla claims 300 mile range but that it is really only 200 - and when it gets cold it is only half that - implying that its 100 miles.

They claim that fast charging has not been solved and doesn't exist and ignore the fact that 25 Supercharger stations already exist ( in the US ).

Then there are plugs for natural gas cars that really don't exist and BMW hybrids, Porsche and diesels without any facts.

Last edited:
How can they be called analysts when almost everything they say is wrong and they contradict themselves on almost every point.

First its 11400 loss per car, then its that Tesla makes 3x more profit from ZEV credits than they do selling cars.
First they show that Tesla has sold 10500 in the first half of the year, then Tesla only sells 10000 cars per year ( being off by a factor of 2 isn't important for financial stuff ).
They say the average income of a buyer is 125000 per year, then its cars for the super rich. ( 12% of households make more than 125000 per year ).

They say that Tesla is having lots of trouble in many states because they wont follow the franchise laws. It's what 4 or 5 states?

They say that Tesla claims 300 mile range but that it is really only 200 - and when it gets cold it is only half that - implying that its 100 miles.

They claim that fast charging has not been solved and doesn't exist and ignore the fact that 25 Supercharger stations already exist ( in the US ).

Then there are plugs for natural gas cars that really don't exist and BMW hybrids, Porsche and diesels without any facts.

THIS!!!

And you can just hear it in her voice. It's like she's mad, has a personal agenda against Tesla. She's not unbiased. Or what's his face, taking a pot shot at Elon's name - sounding like a cologne.

Or calling it like Apple, a passion stock, when clearly, by the numbers, Apple is one of the most under valued tech stocks out there, by a long shot. Bad analogy.

And finally, to add to your points Richkae, her high end Porche diesel... for the super rich.

OY!

There are 117 comments :rolleyes: on autobloggreen…

There’s a link in the first post in the thread.

- - - Edit: - - -

Don’t know how that Yahoo prompt got there. I think it’s happened once before. That time it went away after some time…

- - - Edit #2: - - -

And like that it's gone again. Oh, well...

The whole anti-Tesla rhetoric reminds of the anti-Apple (specifically iPhone, and to a lesser degree iPod) rhetoric spewed by analysts, talking heads, and competitors at those times.

The iPhone didn't have a keyboard, therefore it would fail ("As nice as the Apple iPhone is, it poses a real challenge to its users. Try typing a web key on a touchscreen on an Apple iPhone, that's a real challenge. You cannot see what you type." – Jim Balsillie, RIM Co-CEO, November 2007). The phone is too expensive, so it will fail ("$500, fully subsidized, with a plan! That is the most expensive phone in the world and it doesn't appeal to business customers because it doesn't have a keyboard, which makes it not a very good email machine." - Steve Ballmer, CEO Microsoft, 2007).

Critics also panned Apple for setting up it's own retail distribution network (stores) much as Ms. Fix is trashing Tesla's situation with regards to their dealer network, implying it will be an issue. Turns out Apple's stores are the most profitable stores by square footage in the world.

Her claiming the BMW i8 is and will be Tesla's main competitor (I assume she means vs. the Model S) also demonstrates how misinformed she is.

Oh, but "the car is cool", says Ms. Fix, which apparently gives her free reign to spew misinformation in order to further her obviously anti-EV agenda.

...the best part, however, was Ms. Fix using the price of the Model S as a wedge in her negative argument (and her cohort calling it a car for the "super rich") yet trying to skirt the fact she drives a vehicle that is essentially in the same price range. Excluding the price of fuel.

I love Fox News. So entertaining. :)

Again she brings up the bogus $11400 that Tesla loses on every car, which is a lie first perpetrated here: If Tesla Would Stop Selling Cars, We'd All Save Some Money - Forbes

In both videos she harps on the dealership issue about how Tesla isn't playing fair and obeying the franchise laws.

Lauren Fix is the manager of Fix Motorsports, which is a car dealer. She also is/was a part owner of an aftermarket parts business and is a member of SEMA and Aftermarket ( Automotive ) Industry Association. ( Wikipedia and linkedin and her own webpages )

I wonder why she defends the car dealership model so much...

Again she brings up the bogus $11400 that Tesla loses on every car, which is a lie first perpetrated here: If Tesla Would Stop Selling Cars, We'd All Save Some Money - Forbes

In both videos she harps on the dealership issue about how Tesla isn't playing fair and obeying the franchise laws.

Lauren Fix is the manager of Fix Motorsports, which is a car dealer. She also is/was a part owner of an aftermarket parts business and is a member of SEMA and Aftermarket ( Automotive ) Industry Association. ( Wikipedia and linkedin and her own webpages )

I wonder why she defends the car dealership model so much...

Maybe it's because the Fix is in ... The Business!! omg bbq
Or maybe she is very short?
BTW, does anyone pay attention to Fox (or Fix) anymore? Then it's their own fault.
F[o|i]x is pumping TSLA, just too blind to see it. $4B so far, isn't it? Thanks for the generous tip!