Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free 3 month FSD trial for taking delivery by Dec 31st.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got a text message form Tesla saying Free 3 month FSD trial for taking delivery by Dec 31st.
Anyone who hasn't tried FSD, I believe Tesla will offer the free FSD trial to more customers next year, this in my opinion is a brilliant move. Even if it only gets 5% of people who don't have FSD to get FSD, that's still A LOT of money.

That A1 customer relationship strikes again!
You’re not entitled to any future benefits, incentives, or price changes months after the fact. What on earth makes you think you are, and what makes you think this is a CRM issue?

You think this is bad, last week the grocery store put standing rib roasts on sale for $5.99 a pound. I bought one and ate it back in September for $12.99 a pound. Can you believe that?!? I can’t believe how little the grocery store cares about its customer relations.

Per Elon Musk's tweet - All Tesla cars delivered in the final three days of the year will get three months of the Full Self-Driving option for free. Delivery & docs must be fully complete by midnight Dec 31st.

I think you are getting it also.
As of right now it’s not showing up in my vehicle. I sent a text to my sales advisor but I’m sure since I’ve taken delivery, I’m not at the top of his list for responding

You’re not entitled to any future benefits, incentives, or price changes months after the fact. What on earth makes you think you are, and what makes you think this is a CRM issue?

You think this is bad, last week the grocery store put standing rib roasts on sale for $5.99 a pound. I bought one and ate it back in September for $12.99 a pound. Can you believe that?!? I can’t believe how little the grocery store cares about its customer relations.
Poor analogy. Try harder.

Poor analogy. Try harder.
I bought a Chrysler Pacifica hybrid on September 30.

On December first they started a 0% financing promotion.

Should I be eligible for that promotion, because I bought a car months ago?

Of course not. This is something most people just inherently understand, whether talking about steaks or cars. You’re eligible for the current promotion if you buy another car, just like I’m eligible for the current promotion if I buy another steak. Weird how that works eh?

Reactions: Gotham1012
I bought a Chrysler Pacifica hybrid on September 30.

On December first they started a 0% financing promotion.

Should I be eligible for that promotion, because I bought a car months ago?

Of course not. This is something most people just inherently understand, whether talking about steaks or cars.
You are now comparing financing to a software update that Tesla could give to their customers. Tesla offers me software updates that Tesla owners get. It’s not a physical component, it is a software perk.

But it isn’t surprising. Tesla plays these games quite a bit. Their customer service and relations are god awful.

You are now comparing financing to a software update that Tesla could give to their customers. Tesla offers me software updates that Tesla owners get. It’s not a physical component, it is a software perk.

It’s all money on the back end. Does it fundamentally change anything if I replace “0% financing” with “free navigation map updates”?

Not in my estimation.

At any rate, you have access to the exact same incentive that everyone else does. Buy a car and take delivery in the next 3 days and you too can get 3 months of FSD.

Great deal!

But it isn’t surprising. Tesla plays these games quite a bit. Their customer service and relations are god awful.

No, equating software as valueless is what’s god awful.

You bought your car and you got what you paid for.

What someone else paid or got as part of their package is, frankly, not of your concern.

Incentives - in all sorts of industries - come and go all the time. The fact that someone gets one that you don’t means absolutely nothing with regard to your transaction. Full stop.

It’s all money on the back end. Does it fundamentally change anything if I replace “0% financing” with “free navigation map updates”?

Not in my estimation.

At any rate, you have access to the exact same incentive that everyone else does. Buy a car and take delivery in the next 3 days and you too can get 3 months of FSD.

Great deal!
No, equating software as valueless is what’s god awful.

You bought your car and you got what you paid for.

What someone else paid or got as part of their package is, frankly, not of your concern.

Incentives - in all sorts of industries - come and go all the time. The fact that someone gets one that you don’t means absolutely nothing with regard to your transaction. Full stop.

Okay...okay... okay... everything Tesla does is wonderful and splendid. I wish other companies can learn from them! Thank you for blessing us with such a grand company!

Okay...okay... okay... everything Tesla does is wonderful and splendid. I wish other companies can learn from them! Thank you for blessing us with such a grand company!

I never once said that. What I did say is that your transaction is your transaction ... whether you buy a car, a ribeye, a house or a stick of gum. What others pay for things has no bearing on your transaction ... I don’t understand why so many Tesla buyers get the “he got one so I want one!!” mentality

Good point. I wonder if other auto manufacturers will “learn from” Tesla and adopt this super rare and novel system they’ve developed where they sweeten the pot to close deals at times when it benefits the company! Maybe they could call it... “incentives!” Yes!

I mean, truly ground breaking. I’ve never seen or heard of anything like this before.

Nah, probably not worth it. Imagine what would happen if someone that bought months ago under completely different conditions got mad/sad that they missed out?

I mean, when I bought my car in December 2016 they didn’t have a free 3 month FSD trial, and now they do for the next three days. Why shouldn’t *I* get that too? Hardly seems fair. That’s just bad customer relations.

I’m getting more and more angry the more I stew over this.

I took delivery on July 2nd, 2018 and missed out on free lifetime of LTE service by two days and have been paying $10/month now for over a year. It is what it is and life goes on. Incentives are offered all the time by almost every car company. You can't go back and complain. You get the best deal on that day and move on (and enjoy your car!!)

Reactions: dmurphy