Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free hour of Electricity from OE every month

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CMc1

supercharge.info editor
Supporting Member
Aug 2, 2019
North, UK
That’s why we’re introducing Power Hour – one hour of free green electricity every month between August 2021 and December 2022 for customers with connected smart meters. The Power Hour will change each month – it will be one of the cheapest, greenest daylight hours for the whole month, as forecast by our boffins.

We’ll send everyone who’s signed up an email within 24 hours of the Power Hour.

Nothing to lose if you’re already with them.

Nothing in life is ever fully free. There will be a price. My suspicion would be it is in the form of personal info in respect of how you use electricity, whether you have solar and or storage etc. whether that matters is down to individual choice.

Nothing to lose if you’re already with them.

Surprising that this was an Octopus Energy blog dated 20th July and I haven't heard a proverbial squeak from Octopus since then.
Thanks @CMc1 for flagging this.
I've applied just to see where it goes :)

NB it seems that you don't get the first 'Power Hour' month until the one after you've joined - so join before 31st Aug if you want a September freebie.

With my LR I get 10% (7.5kWh) charge per hour - on Go at cheap rate that 5p x 7.5kWh = 37.5p or during day rate that's 15.6p x 7.5kWh = 117p. Not a lot perhaps but good for nowt!

...'In the event that a meter reading of the Power Hour cannot be taken from your smart meter within 72 hours after a Power Hour event, you will be credited with a sum equal to the value of the average consumption of all Power Hour participants'.

.....This does occasionally happen & could end up costing more than during the Go Faster period if the car & other high consumption, short time usage appliances are used. Nevertheless would be useful during those months when solar generation is low so I've applied.

I now need to to re program my wife for a random monthly one hour bake, immersion heater, ironing & tumble dryer session but the last time I attempted something similar things didn't go well

Octopus have quite ticked me off with this one. Every time I logged into my account it kept advertising about this power hour and to book my smart meter install.

Well they installed our smart meters well over 6 months ago now and I've been on octopus go ever since....so....

It also says email them to register for the hour if your already a customer and have smart meters.

So I emailed them, three times...and just keep getting some templated response saying "yes your smart meters are working and we are receiving readings" but totally ignoring my question about the power hour.

Anyway thanks for the link OP! Hopefully I have better luck that way.

Octopus have quite ticked me off with this one. Every time I logged into my account it kept advertising about this power hour and to book my smart meter install.

Well they installed our smart meters well over 6 months ago now and I've been on octopus go ever since....so....

It also says email them to register for the hour if your already a customer and have smart meters.

So I emailed them, three times...and just keep getting some templated response saying "yes your smart meters are working and we are receiving readings" but totally ignoring my question about the power hour.

Anyway thanks for the link OP! Hopefully I have better luck that way.
The CEO is approachable and likes to hear these sorts of comments. Maybe email him?
greg @ octopus . energy

• Informative
Reactions: Billbrown1982
Status
Not open for further replies.